NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.43)
      BB ($4.10)
      Hero ($5.18)
      UTG+1 ($7)
      CO ($11.98)
      BTN ($2.22)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.17, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.29, Hero raises to $0.80, BB calls $0.51

FLOP ($1.62) 9:club: 7:spade: 9:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.62) 9:club: 7:spade: 9:spade: 2:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.75, BB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.75

RIVER ($4.62) 9:club: 7:spade: 9:spade: 2:heart: Q:heart:

BB bets $1.80 (AI), Hero calls $1.80

Hero shows K:diamond: A:diamond:
      (Pre 67%, Flop 0.6%, Turn 0.0%)

BB shows Q:diamond: 9:diamond:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 99.4%, Turn 100.0%)

BB wins $7.68

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks good.

Flop: checking back is fine.

Turn: Is there a specific reason for our bet here? I don't think pairs will fold to one bet and I don't want to shove river after betting turn.

As played I'd just check it down.

River: As played why do we call this Q river? What do you think this guy will play like this? Maybe a flush draw? But he may not ck two streets with it to ck/raise.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      My reason for bet at the turn was protection/value and to dictate the price of the showdown, i prefer this line to checking twice then calling river, unless we plan on folding the river.

Hi range is so wide and of course premium pairs beat me but what else reraises the turn ? His 2 street check also backs this up either he is weak or have hand that needs little protection.

At that moment i decided his range is wide and not limited to premium pairs and called down, which is legit if we know that he is more aggressive.

So yep checkdown is good but on the other hand thin vbet against his crap on the turn if he is passive could be profitable but then we should fold too.

I just don't see many loose passive fish where i play, all the fishes play few tables and as maniac as possible, and his preflop minraise supported this image so is his 45/32 stat so i decided to weight those in.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Well you calling the min raise on the turn conflicts with the first statement: "My reason for bet at the turn was protection/value and to dictate the price of the showdown, i prefer this line to checking twice then calling river, unless we plan on folding the river."

Our hand requires minimal protection. If we are ahead he rarely has more than 6 outs at best.

For value is thin because he may not call worse on the turn other than some draws (unless you've seen him call A high or worse).

And we don't dictate the price anymore because he raised us so now we are most likely facing a shove on river.

Sure he checked two streets but fish also slow play in big pots like this. Why can't he still have a 9x, 99, 77, 22 here? He may even play TT-QQ like this.