$49.46
      MP3 (Hero):
      $69.04
      CO:
      $19.80
      BU:
      $59.12

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO folds, BU calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.75) K, 5, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BU calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.75) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, BU calls $6.00.

River: ($20.75) J (1 players)
      Hero bets $12.50

Villain BU 2.9k hands
      23/18/5.6
      call open BU 14% (3bet BU 5%)
      fold to cbet flop 48%
      fold to cbet turn 41% (46)
      WTSD 27%
      WWSF 43%

SB and BB both passive fish

The idea was that I think he doesn't have many combos of Kx and I was trying to barrel off PPs.

In retrospect he actually has a call open wider than average and due to donkeys in the blinds he could be even wider, so more combos os Kx for him.
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I don't like 3 barreling here.

First of all, your opponent goes to showdown often. 27% is a bit above average so not the best target to barrel off against.

Secondly, you don't represent a huge value range, especially with that river sizing imo. If you had a legit value hand, how much would you bet? Would you bet all your value hands given that FD missed or would you check some to let him bluff busted FDs?

The final problem is board development. Although in general people bet less and less air from flop to river, the board doesn't change your opponent's hand strength. The flop is K high so when you barrel off you rep a set or KQ+, possible just AK+. You never bet Jx like that on the river for him to consider it a scare card. Furthermore, on Jx you probably don't value bet KQ too often because KJ now beats you so there are even fewer combos to get value from.

One final thing which is more due to my preference of not going too crazy is that you have little to no equity in the hand when you barrel. Ace might be good but apart from that you are drawing to some backdoors that didn't come.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I don't like 3 barreling here.

First of all, your opponent goes to showdown often. 27% is a bit above average so not the best target to barrel off against.

Secondly, you don't represent a huge value range, especially with that river sizing imo. If you had a legit value hand, how much would you bet? Would you bet all your value hands given that FD missed or would you check some to let him bluff busted FDs?

The final problem is board development. Although in general people bet less and less air from flop to river, the board doesn't change your opponent's hand strength. The flop is K high so when you barrel off you rep a set or KQ+, possible just AK+. You never bet Jx like that on the river for him to consider it a scare card. Furthermore, on Jx you probably don't value bet KQ too often because KJ now beats you so there are even fewer combos to get value from.

One final thing which is more due to my preference of not going too crazy is that you have little to no equity in the hand when you barrel. Ace might be good but apart from that you are drawing to some backdoors that didn't come.
      Yeah, you're spot on.

So, cbet flop, c/f on that turn?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yes, cbet a 2/3-3/4 standard sizing and fold to action. It's one of the few times you can just do that since he folds 48% to cbets. That means such a size cbet will instantly pe profitable and this is one of the boards + hand OK to do that with. If you cbet you don't have to always check/fold turn since you do have T, J, A and Q which are good. You can barrel on T, J, maaaaybe clubs although I prefer having Ac since the guy is not a big floater so will have less air on any turn. T and J gives you a bit of extra equity and some folding equity against his middle pairs. A and Q I would be tempted to check to call. You bet once and give up often on this flop against him so you do need some OK hands to go to showdown with. You can't always check turn to fold or barrel, you need to include a few hands that don't fold. Those can be stronger hands (KQ, AK) or turned pairs like A or Q here.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Yes, cbet a 2/3-3/4 standard sizing and fold to action. It's one of the few times you can just do that since he folds 48% to cbets. That means such a size cbet will instantly pe profitable and this is one of the boards + hand OK to do that with. If you cbet you don't have to always check/fold turn since you do have T, J, A and Q which are good. You can barrel on T, J, maaaaybe clubs although I prefer having Ac since the guy is not a big floater so will have less air on any turn. T and J gives you a bit of extra equity and some folding equity against his middle pairs. A and Q I would be tempted to check to call. You bet once and give up often on this flop against him so you do need some OK hands to go to showdown with. You can't always check turn to fold or barrel, you need to include a few hands that don't fold. Those can be stronger hands (KQ, AK) or turned pairs like A or Q here.
      Nice! Thanks a lot, I have to warn you, with those great answers you're gonna get you and other evaluaters a lot of more work :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You're welcome!

I don't think any of us mind. :)