$67.91
      BU:
      $53.53
      SB (Hero):
      $49.50
      BB:
      $50.25

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      CO folds, BU raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $4.00, BB folds, BU calls $3.00.

Flop: ($8.5) 7, 5, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, BU raises to $12.00.

Final Pot: $25.5.

Villain 2.9k hands
      28/23/8.9
      open BU 56%
      fold to 3bet 64%
      4bet range 1.8%
      fold to cbet in 3bet pot 53% (15)
      raise cbet in 3bet pot 1 in 14
      WTSD 27%
      WWSF 51%
      Agg freq 43/38/27

I don't see this guy bluffing me that often in this spot, but I could be wrong. Also seems unlikely to me he would do this with a hand like AQ.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      How much have you been 3betting him though?

He is a reg so he will usually respond to you, we can't just look at stats because they tell use the average against everyone. If you 3bet him often he can flat 55 and 77 as well and play them like this but is more unlikely to flat QQ. This also means that he will be reasonably likely to raise with some good flushdraws here like A and K high diamonds.

If you can find enough A/K high diamonds in his range of calling pre to make up for him having 55, 77 in his range I think you can shove. Since it's not a huge sample postflop I can't say for sure that he always raises a FD IP or that he always raises his sets here so I think estimating from his preflop flatting range is the way to go until further infomration. I don't like flatting because you are OOP and he will get to play easily on turn and river.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      How much have you been 3betting him though?

He is a reg so he will usually respond to you, we can't just look at stats because they tell use the average against everyone. If you 3bet him often he can flat 55 and 77 as well and play them like this but is more unlikely to flat QQ. This also means that he will be reasonably likely to raise with some good flushdraws here like A and K high diamonds.

If you can find enough A/K high diamonds in his range of calling pre to make up for him having 55, 77 in his range I think you can shove. Since it's not a huge sample postflop I can't say for sure that he always raises a FD IP or that he always raises his sets here so I think estimating from his preflop flatting range is the way to go until further infomration. I don't like flatting because you are OOP and he will get to play easily on turn and river.
      I wasn't 3betting him that much. Anyways, I did the worst option:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Reproduzir mão

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $67.91
      BU:
      $53.53
      SB (Hero):
      $49.50
      BB:
      $50.25

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      CO folds, BU raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $4.00, BB folds, BU calls $3.00.

Flop: ($8.5) 7, 5, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, BU raises to $12.00, Hero calls $7.00.

Turn: ($32.5) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($32.5) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $37.53(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $32.5.

From the developing of the hand I can assume it's very likely he didn't have a set on flop right?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I would only call if I knew the guy IP was really spewy and will shove his K8cc on the turn without hesitation.

The main problem is how well the player IP can play the hand from there on. He can check back some FDs and with his raise he actually paid less for 2 streets with folding equity, can profitably bluff on some cards as well. It doesn't mean flatting here is not doable but if you want to do so, you need to think of how you construct a range, not just play one hand at a time.