Can't install equilab latest version

• 7 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      My first guess is that the download is corrupted in some way.

Rename the first file and download it again.
      See if the file sizes are different, or use a file compare tool to see if they are internally different.

Or, if you wish, just try to install from the 2nd download.

If you know how to create/use md5 checksums, that would tell you if the files are different.

Lacking that, the old dos file compare tools can be used -- it still exists on windows 7

in a command prompt type:
      fc /?

to see the full syntax rules
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi vorpal!
      Have tried downloading from 2 places on the pokertools/equilab a few times. Same result. Have also uninstalled my previous version. Where can I can find the previous download, 1.2.6 if I remember correctly.

In the mean time I think you'll enjoy this: http://vimeo.com/45878034. 4 minutes from ISS. Probably all we can get in our lifetime with over 20 years until a manned trip to Mars, sigh. No warp engines in sight sofar :f_cry:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Thanks for that video clip!
      In return I offer
      http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120305.html

APOD is one of my start pages -- can't start the day without it

Also, I have 3 different setups of equilab saved to my HD
      Contact me on the community tool, and we can make arrangements to get them to you.

I am at GMT -8:00 this time of year and I'm away until 04:00 GMT on the 10th
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Nice, will be my starting page from now.

But about equilab, something must be wrong with my pc's settings. So many seem to have downloaded from this site, but haven't seen any posts about problems. And if the downloads (it's actually a 1MB setup application) are corrupt, then someone has to be notified. If I get the program from you (thx btw) it won't help others.

PS Last version worked. Lesson: if it works, don't fix it!
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hi,

please try downloading the file with different browsers as well and see if this fixes the problem.

Also, please let us know if installing the software works fine, as soon as you get your hands on a full setup for equilab.

BR
      Markus
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Tried with both firefox and opera. Same result, same error message.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      I can't send any message to you Vorpal, have put in a friends request, and gonna check for you on Skype.