This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL-2 SH, AT re-steal

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.91 (95.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.40 (120 bb)
      BB: $3.02 (151 bb)
      CO: $4.12 (206 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A T
      CO folds, BTN raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, BB folds, BTN calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38) K 9 J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, BTN calls $0.36

Turn: ($1.10) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, BTN raises to $1.37, Hero folds

The villain is a bit loose even for my miserable sample size: 62/26/50

Preflop: I was kinda saying "Don't touch my blinds" more than 3-betting for value :) AT seems a bit marginal, but acceptable, right?

Flop: well, we have a gutshot, a backdoor FD, and an overcard. So I decided that a c-bet will be appropriate as a semi-bluff (where the "bluff" part is bigger than the "semi" part). Oh, just noticed, I screwed up the bet-sizing a bit. That's way too much for a semi-bluff, ~2/3 pot would be better, wouldn't it?

Turn: turn is bad, yep? I think that check/fold would be much better here than bet/fold. What do you think?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Interesting hand here.

Preflop 3betting is close.
      I actually kind of don't like the idea of 3betting ATo here, because I don't feel comfortable playing it OOP in a big pot and I expect a lot of calls from this guy.
      If BB is not very active I think we can call and play postflop but 3betting won't be a mistake.
      If you want to 3bet though, your sizing is bad - make it $0.22 here.

This board hits villain's range quite well and I wouldn't bet with our weak draw here because we just have very little FE and I don't really want to mindlessly barrel against a fish.

As played on the flop, I'd give up on the turn.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Thanks, Plamen.

Yeah, it's very difficult for me not to c-bet OOP, even with such a weak draw (even without!), because I'm sure that the villain will use this and bet with any two :) I don't know how true is that, at least it seems that it's the case on NL-2.