[NL2-NL10] NL-2 SH, AT re-steal

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.91 (95.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.40 (120 bb)
      BB: $3.02 (151 bb)
      CO: $4.12 (206 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A T
      CO folds, BTN raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, BB folds, BTN calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38) K 9 J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, BTN calls $0.36

Turn: ($1.10) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, BTN raises to $1.37, Hero folds

The villain is a bit loose even for my miserable sample size: 62/26/50

Preflop: I was kinda saying "Don't touch my blinds" more than 3-betting for value :) AT seems a bit marginal, but acceptable, right?

Flop: well, we have a gutshot, a backdoor FD, and an overcard. So I decided that a c-bet will be appropriate as a semi-bluff (where the "bluff" part is bigger than the "semi" part). Oh, just noticed, I screwed up the bet-sizing a bit. That's way too much for a semi-bluff, ~2/3 pot would be better, wouldn't it?

Turn: turn is bad, yep? I think that check/fold would be much better here than bet/fold. What do you think?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Interesting hand here.

Preflop 3betting is close.
      I actually kind of don't like the idea of 3betting ATo here, because I don't feel comfortable playing it OOP in a big pot and I expect a lot of calls from this guy.
      If BB is not very active I think we can call and play postflop but 3betting won't be a mistake.
      If you want to 3bet though, your sizing is bad - make it $0.22 here.

This board hits villain's range quite well and I wouldn't bet with our weak draw here because we just have very little FE and I don't really want to mindlessly barrel against a fish.

As played on the flop, I'd give up on the turn.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Thanks, Plamen.

Yeah, it's very difficult for me not to c-bet OOP, even with such a weak draw (even without!), because I'm sure that the villain will use this and bet with any two :) I don't know how true is that, at least it seems that it's the case on NL-2.