This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AQs nuts multi pot nl 25 sh

• dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $30.04
      MP: $25.00
      CO: $26.90
      Hero (BTN): $25.00
      SB: $42.16
      BB: $38.54

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has Q:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, MP raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.10, 4 players) A:heart: Q:heart: A:spade:
      BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($3.10, 4 players) 5:diamond:
      BB checks, MP bets $1.75, CO raises to $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, fold, MP calls $1.75

River: ($13.60, 3 players) 2:diamond:
      MP checks, CO bets $4.00, Hero raises to $20.75 and is all-in, fold, fold
      Villains are regs nothing special to say about their games. How should i play this hand on flop ?!. Calling turn is better than 3 beting ?! What about river ?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dzikson,

Preflop: looks fine although if they are regs we can even squeeze here (squeeze/shove depends on our image/dynamics but its' possible).

Flop: Checking flop is fine. It's very unlikely that they have much and Ax will lose a lot of money anyway. We need to maximize value versus everything else (which is the bulk of their range).

Turn: I actually like the call here. A 3-bet would look really strong and we want them to call here with a draw or Qx.

River: I don't mind raising to $9 or so here. If villain has a good hand (that can call a shove) he'll get the money in with you anyway. But if he has a weaker hand like a Qx (which is what this bet is implying) he won't call a shove.

Don't forget his bet here polarizes his range a lot. The nut part almost always stacks off.