This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KK vs turn raise nl 25 sh

• dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $53.75
      SB: $26.55
      BB: $24.69
      UTG: $18.09
      Hero (MP): $32.12
      CO: $25.89

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has K:heart: K:diamond:

UTG calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.35, 2 players) 9:spade: 9:club: J:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.75, UTG calls $1.75

Turn: ($5.85, 2 players) 5:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3.50, UTG raises to $9.00, Hero raises to $14.50, UTG raises to $15.34 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.84

River: ($36.53, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Villain is call station like player 30/12, ag f 2 only few hands but he was not full stacked so for sure not strong reg player.
      So i guess i could never learn i told myself i would bet and if i get raised just fold but then i started thinking how many 9 for utg he limp calls maybe some A9s so i convice myself that he is over playing some Aj , but bottom point is i should find fold here right dispite odds and stuff cause i am almost never good here ( what range do you give him here he showed very unecpected hand i was surprised )
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dzikson,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Looks fine but versus fishy player we can close to pot this.

Turn: Default is to always bet fold but we are betting small so we may be inducing him to raise lighter (even Jx). My question is: why do we bet so small? He still has plenty of worse that can call, and all his calling range can call more, at least $4.2-$4.7.

So yes the plan is to bet/fold unless we have reasons to believe he can raise worse or bluff a lot. And in this case, the only reason may be the small bet size that we use on the turn that may induce him.