[NL2-NL10] K7o vs. min 3-bet

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $3.23 (161.5 bb)
      UTG: $1.05 (52.5 bb)
      MP: $2 (100 bb)
      CO: $3.12 (156 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2 (100 bb)
      SB: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K 7
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.25) T 8 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.12, Hero folds

The only reason I called (and the only reason I'm posting this hand) is that I remember reading somewhere that after a min 3-bet it's better to call whatever you were raising with. I thought, that especially in position, it might do.

How relevant is this rule to NL SH, and particularly to such weak hands?

TY
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Is there any particular reason to open K7o from BU here or this is your default stealing range?
      When he 3bets we have to consider villain's tendencies.
      Is he aggressive postflop - can we expect a lot of cbets on the flop, turn and river?
      If so, I think folding here is better, since we will have a hard time playing when hit a pair (because it would be weak).
      If he is giving up a lot then we could call and try to play IP given the odds.

Against an unknown I prefer folding here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze

Yep, I was stealing a bit too loose here, I agree. I would normally fold K7o against an unknown.

Oh, I see. So if our hand was a little bit stronger (like K8s), and the villain wasn't c-betting every flop, we could call, right?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Yes, that's the point.

If he is really aggro then we will have a hard time playing back on him.

K8s is different here, because we have the FD and could play back on more boards and hit better hands.