This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL-2 SH, c-bet?

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $1.27 (63.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5.60 (280 bb)
      SB: $2.34 (117 bb)
      BB: $4.46 (223 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K 8
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) 5 T 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BB calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.29) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, BB raises to $0.42, Hero calls $0.24

River: ($1.13) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $1.13 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: 5 T 7 6 Q
      Hero mucked K 8 and lost (-$0.56 net)
      BB showed 5 6 and won $1.09 ($0.53 net)

Flop: I c-bet flop because I always c-bet flop (88.9%) :f_cry:

Or the best I can come up with is maybe because I have a king (wow, a king!) and some possibilities for improvement to a straight-draw (even better than a king) :f_biggrin:

If someone could try to explain me why we don't c-bet here (or why we do), I'll try very hard to understand, because I don't really like my justification. I never have enough hands to rely on ff2cb stat.

Turn: we are semi-bluffing here, and at a glance we get quite good pot odds for a call. I think both actions are at least not -EV. So the turn is good? :)
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi German,

Preflop: 4 handed steal is fine.

Flop: Considering the flop texture I really don't like the cbet. I'd go for a delayed cbet here. Why don't we like a cbet? Because we have almost no equity in the pot and it's a connected board on which many hands can continue (pairs, draws, etc).

Turn: I'm not sure why we are bet/calling this... can we even expect him to fold better/anything? Not really.

And we should be bet/folding. We are chasing a draw that puts 4 to a straight on the board so implied odds are minimal. And one of our outs puts a flush on the board.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      True, agree with everything,

I even wrote down your c-bet advice and hopefully it will stay in my head if I read it daily :) "No equity + drawy board = no c-bet"

I also reconsidered my draw...it's no that great, you are right.

He folds pocket deuces and threes, A5 and A7. Still, not many, so perhaps we should not bluff...

Thanks, Bogdan.