[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Jj

• Knyght
      Knyght
      Bronze
      I dunno about this, really. Villain is 19/6 over ~500 hands. He's showing some uncommon aggression. I think as played my preflop, turn and river plays are okay.

The flop though... Well, villain donks a reasonable amount. I never know how to handle donks. I usually think they've hit a decent hand (or at least something) but are scared of the board. Seems I was probably right in this case. I figure he probably has the ace, and I hope for another spade or jack to show up. It does, which makes me happy. If I didn't get this my line would probably have been to fold the turn. But the flop? Ahh, seems messy to me.

Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players

UTG+2: $2.27 (113.5 bb)
      SB: $0.80 (40 bb)
      MP3: $0.71 (35.5 bb)
      Hero (MP1): $4.15 (207.5 bb)
      UTG+1: $2.86 (143 bb)
      CO: $2.54 (127 bb)
      MP2: $1.97 (98.5 bb)
      BTN: $2.04 (102 bb)
      BB: $2.50 (125 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J J
      UTG+1 raises to $0.08, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 6 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.51) A T 4 (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36

Turn: ($1.23) 8 (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.87, Hero calls $0.87

River: ($2.97) 8 (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $1.39 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.39

Results:
      $5.75 pot ($0.28 rake)
      Final Board: A T 4 8 8
      Hero showed J J and won $5.47 ($2.61 net)
      UTG+1 showed J A and lost (-$2.86 net)
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I prefer jus calling against this guy.
      He only raises 6% of his hands, and also raises from UTG where I expect him to be even tighter.

As played preflop, calling the flop is questionable.
      We don't have a good made hand neither we have a good draw so even if we hit our FD we are most likely not to get value from worse and pay of better hands so I would just fold here.

When he bets on the turn I really doubt that he is betting any worse hands so I will fold here.

The river pairs and I'm folding here too. Even TT now beat us.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Knyght
      Knyght
      Bronze
      I dunno if I quite agree on some things.

I don't see this guy calling the 3bet with TT. I can only really see his 3bet calling range as being something like QQ-JJ,AJ+. Ok we're fairly behind on the flop, but I'm ahead of most of his range on the turn. I'm not too sure how he plays postflop but I don't think he'd be betting the turn without a hand. And for him to bet the river after betting the turn like that, I don't think that he suddenly came across a full house from it, really, or he wouldn't have bet the turn.

I can see though, that there isn't much in his range that he would be betting that I beat. But at the same time, there isn't that much in his range that beats me at all.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Knyght
      I dunno if I quite agree on some things.

I don't see this guy calling the 3bet with TT. I can only really see his 3bet calling range as being something like QQ-JJ,AJ+. Ok we're fairly behind on the flop, but I'm ahead of most of his range on the turn. I'm not too sure how he plays postflop but I don't think he'd be betting the turn without a hand. And for him to bet the river after betting the turn like that, I don't think that he suddenly came across a full house from it, really, or he wouldn't have bet the turn.

I can see though, that there isn't much in his range that he would be betting that I beat. But at the same time, there isn't that much in his range that beats me at all.
      Hi Knyght,

So if we can't see the guy calling much worse preflop that means that he usually doesn't 4-bet worse either. So why are we turning JJ into a bluff here by 3-betting?

If he flopped a set with TT/44 why wouldn't he bet flop/turn? I agree though that he'd probably bet less with one on the turn.

However he can easily have AQs/AKs in his range for donking and since you put him on JJ-QQ, AJ+ why are we calling the flop?

We are always behind chasing a 3-rd nut draw. Not very profitable (we just got lucky now).