NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18.30)
      Hero ($23.57)
      UTG ($18.68)
      UTG+1 ($17.04)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($12.39)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.20, fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, fold, CO calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.70) 7:spade: J:club: 3:club:

Hero bets $2.30, CO calls $2.30

TURN ($9.30) 7:spade: J:club: 3:club: 2:spade:

Hero bets $4.60, CO calls $4.60

RIVER ($18.50) 7:spade: J:club: 3:club: 2:spade: T:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $6, Hero folds

CO wins $17.58

call 11.5 bb 3bet in BTN w KQ, cbh AKxss, cbh 4, cbh 2 w 2nd pair

when he calls the 3bet, he is not having Jx most likely, except JJ. But JJ would raise flop probably. BUt who knows, maybe he is thinking that I am not having many flushdraws so no need to raise JJ.

He could call cbet flop and turn with TT, 99, 88 maybe and FDs - KQs, AQs.

I don't bet big because if I do, he might let go those weak hands like FD and 2nd pairs.

HIs aff. freq is low on the river, so he should not bet with weak hands, so thats why I c/f. I don't see money in betting, because he will should not call 99. TT has hit, FD has hit. ALso from the notes we see that he tries to go to showdowsn with mediocre hand.

It hurts to fold AA. But I think nothing I can do.

Leys say if I cbet flop big, on turn I could shove - but then I am just paying to sets I think, no worse hands call me. (He shoudl not have QQ, KK as well there).
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: looks fine. Considering he is somewhat tight and we have little info on his 3-bet/4-bet ranges I would say that him calling AK/QQ/KK may be possible (we shouldn't count all combos but at least some)

Flop: Cbet for value/protection is fine.

Since he called KQ before we can assume he has some AJ combos (1 suited, 5 offsuite possible) possibly even KJ. Besides these we can get value from slowplays like QQ/KK and draws like AQ/AKcc/KQcc. He can also call 88-TT.

Turn: Nothing really changes so we should bet again and I like the size we choose because we keep in most of his hands.

River: Flush/TT completes so let's look at how his range could look:

Worse hands: 88, 99, Jx, QQ, KK (I wouldn't count all combos for the pairs).
      Better hands: Flushes, TT and sets slowplays.

Since he is passive he is almost never betting the worse hands and may not even bet some of his slowplayed sets thus once we check we can check/fold.

However the question is if we can valuebet and fold to a raise.

What do you think? hint: count the hand combinations and see how big of a % is made up of hands that we beat and can call - we have $11 behind.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      However the question is if we can valuebet and fold to a raise. What do you think? hint: count the hand combinations and see how big of a % is made up of hands that we beat and can call - we have $11 behind.

if we bet small then he might call with Jx and QQ, KK if you put him on that range.

But - when we bet like half pot - he can think that I am never having a monster. If I am having monster then I am betting all my money left, as you said 11 $ into 18.5$ pot - is normal even with low flush. OK, I am not having very low flush, becaue I don't 3bet vs him 65s. So when we bet liek 5$, he can raise and we have to fold. Or we think - we are commited and pay him another 6$ in case he raises with better hand.
      Yeah, but that would be non standard for such pasive player on river, it might be very rare that he turns into a bluff his hand. So I aggree we can bet/fold 5$.