This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH A7s - barrel turn?

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($20)
      BB ($14.70)
      UTG ($47.39)
      UTG+1 ($22.77)
      CO ($24.20)
      BTN ($18.70)

Dealt to Hero 7:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.20) J:spade: 3:spade: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

TURN ($2.80) J:spade: 3:spade: 9:diamond: 5:heart:

Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

RIVER ($6.80) J:spade: 3:spade: 9:diamond: 5:heart: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks

69/18/0.9, fold to cbet 29 (14), 62 hands

He will never fold J or 9, but maybe he is folding A high with better kicker, PP lover than 9? And also if he is having FD, I get value
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Looks fine with our NFD.

Turn: While he may not fold much he will fold some of his floats and can call worse (like A2/A4, weaker FDs). I'd most likely bet smaller though at around $1.7-$1.8.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Turn: While he may not fold much he will fold some of his floats and can call worse (like A2/A4, weaker FDs). I'd most likely bet smaller though at around $1.7-$1.8.

but main question was - the turn bet is mandatory here, I mean check would be bad, right?

That might be spots where I earlier would not have cbeted because thinking that not mufhc of his range will fold on turn.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Against this opponent I think it is mandatory, a x back isn't bad but your defo missing some value.

We're beating plenty of hands in his range: QT/T8/78/KQ/weaker fd's etc. Plus betting might get him to fold out hands like 66/77.

And if he's not folding river either to ~$3.5-4 bet when we hit our A/fd
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

but main question was - the turn bet is mandatory here, I mean check would be bad, right?

That might be spots where I earlier would not have cbeted because thinking that not mufhc of his range will fold on turn.
      As holmeboy mentioned I would say the bet is needed.

The only time I would check is if we feel that villain will raise us a lot with his 1p+ type hands. But we don't have any reason to believe that he would.

Villain still has quite a few hands that can fold (like low pairs and floats).