2 questions

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      1) what are your ranges in 6max games when ur SB/BB?
      havent given this much thought yet, i feel like i need to improve this.

as SB: what is your raising range?
      what is your 4b/c range?
      what is (if you have one) your calling range vs 3bets?

(vs an unknown 100bb deep assuming)

2) anyone knows a poker tracking sowftare (other than HEM and PT, but similiar) which i could try out?

• 5 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      #1Your SB raising range depends on BB's folding range. The more BB folds the more you can open.

Your 4bet/calling range depends on BB's 3bet range vs SB and his fold 2 4bet range.

Not a big fan of calling this spot but if his a maniac 3beting like 20% or more and not folding to 4bets then KQ, AJ, maybe even AT and KJ, 22-99.

#2 No. HM and PT3 are far superior to anything else out there.
    • johny8984
      johny8984
      Bronze
      I would also like to ask a question here concerning small blind stealing I have been stealing with a 2.5 big blind raise 100% of the time from anyone who has fold to steal of more than 70 am I right that thinking this is instantly profitable opponents are normally at either 4 zoom tables or 9+ normal tables
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      It's pretty easy to calculate the percentage of the time your opponent needs to fold, following a pretty simple formula.

$ put in / total $ in pot = %fold equity needed

So in your case, you put in 2.5 BB, and there will be 3.5 BB in the pot after your raise ( your 2.5 BB + the 1 BB from the big blind). So you need 2.5 / 3.5 = ~71.5% fold equity. In other words, your opponent needs to fold 71.5% of the time to make the raise instantly profitable.
    • johny8984
      johny8984
      Bronze
      ok i think i understand your formula do i take in to account the fact that i have already had to put in a small blind though

ie as i have had to put in a small blind and that does not change 2 / 3.5 = 57% (2 instead of 2.5 as its only 2 more to put in?)

or is it still as you have mentioned 71%

how do i build a range of hands to play if say the big blind has a 50% fold to steal do i simply use the equilator and put in bb range as any2 and put in an equity required or am i completly wrong here and how do i know how much equity i need here to make the raise???
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Oops, mistake on my part. :facepalm:

That is correct, you are only putting in 2 extra BB, so it would indeed be 2 / 3.5

Looks like you get it already :D

If you have an opponent who defends 50% of the time, that's pretty loose. So you should tighten up your range quite a bit. Generally, the more the big blind defends, the tighter you should open, especially because you'll be playing out of position. On the other hand, if the big blind defends very tight, you can consider loosening up your range. That's a general rule of thumb you can keep in mind

As for calculating an exact hand range through a program, I'm not sure. I believe the Equilab has functionality for this, but I have never used that myself yet. Maybe someone else can fill you in on that one.