$45.44
      CO:
      $55.32
      BU:
      $49.75
      SB:
      $44.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7.
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.43, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.36, CO calls $3.93.

Flop: ($10.97) 3, 4, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($10.97) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $10.00, Hero calls $10.00.

River: ($30.97) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $39.96(All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $30.97.

Villain 3.2k hands
      28/24/9.6
      fold to 3bet 63%
      fold to cbet in 3bet pot 50% (18)
      bvm IP flop overall 81% (27)
      WTSD 27%
      WWSF 51%
      Agg freq 43/38/27

I had doubts regarding to cbet flop or not. And that potsize bet turn got me confused as well. I've seen him potsize before but never saw a showdown.
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      CO vs BB I prefer calling 77. I think it's strong enough. If you 3bet this preflop it will usually be with the intention to jam against a 4bet. It doesn't have to always be that but when you have 77 and it is quite likely strong enough to call, it's a shame to 3bet it as a bluff and fold to any action.

As played, I prefer cbetting flop because your hand cannot improve easily so you make a lot in EV just by making him fold some overcards and not letting him construct a good bluff/value range IP. I would check hands with some potential to improve here and depending on dynamics, I might check to raise some hands on this texture. That's rare but you can definitely have a betting range, check/calling and check/folding range here. I think 77 is in better in the betting range. You sometimes get value from AK/AQ and go to showdown but otherwise you don't let him hit with QJ, 89 stuff or bluff you off with that stuff.

If you do want to bluffcatch this, you need more info than you have. You need showdown hands, not stats.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Can you elaborate a little on the c/c range correlating that with some sort of example dynamic? I'm having trouble understanding what do you mean by "hands with potential". Would you consider c/c a hand like AcQc?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Dynamic: you 3bet often and he doesn't fold to cbets, likes to float and raise reasonable in line frequencies.

Hands with potential: Tx with hearts, pairs with a club. That's this specific case. In general it's hands with backdoor draws that are not strong enough to barrel off/get it or too good to turn into a bluff. For example, A3hh would be good to turn into a bluff with little showdown value and good barreling equity.

Is it clearer now?
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Dynamic: you 3bet often and he doesn't fold to cbets, likes to float and raise reasonable in line frequencies.

Hands with potential: Tx with hearts, pairs with a club. That's this specific case. In general it's hands with backdoor draws that are not strong enough to barrel off/get it or too good to turn into a bluff. For example, A3hh would be good to turn into a bluff with little showdown value and good barreling equity.

Is it clearer now?
      Yes, thanks. :)