BTN ($5.03)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: J:club:

Hero raises to $0.15, fold, CO calls $0.15, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.47) 5:spade: Q:diamond: 9:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.23, CO calls $0.23, BB folds

TURN ($0.93) 5:spade: Q:diamond: 9:heart: J:heart:

Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.75

RIVER ($3.43) 5:spade: Q:diamond: 9:heart: J:heart: 5:club:

Hero bets $4.37 (AI), CO calls $3.37 (AI)

Hero shows Q:club: J:club:
      (Pre 37%, Flop 94.1%, Turn 4.5%)

CO shows J:spade: J:diamond:
      (Pre 63%, Flop 5.9%, Turn 95.5%)

CO wins $9.50

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Cbet on this dry flop is fine. Size could be slightly larger 3-way

Turn: We now beat AQ/KQ so we can continue with the valuebets. Only JJ/KT get there.

I would personally prefer a larger bet to about 0.7 or so.

What do you expect villain to raise us on the turn here with and why are we shoving river into him? The line you take tells me that you think he's raising Qx on the turn.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I admit he is playing the set line and my card pairing doesn't worth a damn against that only limited his sets, i could see him bluffing with 40% turn aggression that was the reason for my call, or value?/protection raise with his tp, still marginal call since his raice cb is rather low.

On river i could c/f or push because he doesn't seem to continue bluff there and considering how dry the board is he might look me up with top pair, so that's why i pushed against presumably 8 combos of aq and 5 sets.

I don't know whats best obviously but turn raise can't be always nuts. If not for pairing i would have check folded river.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I admit he is playing the set line and my card pairing doesn't worth a damn against that only limited his sets, i could see him bluffing with 40% turn aggression that was the reason for my call, or value?/protection raise with his tp, still marginal call since his raice cb is rather low.

On river i could c/f or push because he doesn't seem to continue bluff there and considering how dry the board is he might look me up with top pair, so that's why i pushed against presumably 8 combos of aq and 5 sets.

I don't know whats best obviously but turn raise can't be always nuts. If not for pairing i would have check folded river.
      If you think he has TP on the turn (along with some draws) we can just ship the turn. It's not like he would be raise/folding AQ there (if he raises).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I think it's very much possible, i would seriously consider it in his shoes along with just calling i could have a lot of combo draws which doesn't beat him now but having 12+ outs on him and him half pot betting me gives be about 25% needed equity with plus possible implied.

I think it's a perfect way to more than double charge the draw for the river if he plays it aggressively, and if villian pushes into you it's not a draw.

Am i wrong ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I think it's very much possible, i would seriously consider it in his shoes along with just calling i could have a lot of combo draws which doesn't beat him now but having 12+ outs on him and him half pot betting me gives be about 25% needed equity with plus possible implied.

I think it's a perfect way to more than double charge the draw for the river if he plays it aggressively, and if villian pushes into you it's not a draw.

Am i wrong ?
      I'm not sure I understand your question.

Are you asking if it's fine to call here and ck/fold because he wouldn't bluff a draw (and only valuebet)?

Or are we asking if it's correct to shove because of the possible range?

I'd say that if he has a lot of draws + TP + sets I much more prefer to shove the turn and have him call with worse.