MP: $47.58 (190.3 bb)
      SB: $18.13 (72.5 bb)
      BB: $88.59 (354.4 bb)
      CO: $25 (100 bb)
      UTG: $42.38 (169.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $30.51 (122 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q:spade: A:spade:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $1, CO folds, Hero calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) T:heart: 8:heart: Q:diamond: (2 players)
      MP bets $1.68, Hero calls $1.68

Turn: ($5.71) J:club: (2 players)
      MP bets $5.43, Hero folds

Results: $5.71 pot ($0.28 rake)
      Final Board: T:heart: 8:heart: Q:diamond: J:club:
      MP mucked and won $5.43 ($2.75 net)
      Hero mucked Q:spade: A:spade: and lost (-$2.68 net)

MP is playing tight image 16/13 (153 hands) and overall somehow regular stats. I'm playing more on a loose-aggressive side, so I mix some strong hands in calling range. I have no plan on the river so I folded (and I guess he wouldn't push if K shows up).
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Nh imo! I don't have much to say, what you said makes sense overall.

I think on the flop you can't raise for value against someone tight and also turn is just one of the worst cards in the deck. It's OK to fold to his barrel, his not bluffing often enough into someone that can have T9, QJ, good FDs, etc.

I don't understand one thing though:

I'm playing more on a loose-aggressive side, so I mix some strong hands in calling range.

What does this mean to you? How do you construct your calling and 3betting ranges when you mix? You might have a leak if you play aggro but 3bet 90% air and just 10% value which will be like premiums.
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      What does this mean to you? How do you construct your calling and 3betting ranges when you mix? You might have a leak if you play aggro but 3bet 90% air and just 10% value which will be like premiums.
      It mostly depends on a villains play style I guess. In position I 3bet wideer (sometimes with suited connectors or even one gappers) when they fold too much (75%+), or if there is a blind battle I 3bet wide vs players who steals too much 40%+ and when they give up on any kind of board vs strong Cbet. My overall 3bet is not really high (around 7%)

Vs somehow regular players I slowed down with preflop action, since there is a plenty of room to play on later streets when I'm in position and when board is in my favor. I usually 3bet with AQs, but once in a while I put it into a calling range. When I reviewed my last 20k hands I noticed I played like 20%+ PFR on every position! :P Need to change that, since I was fighting with break-even line on fast-forward poker.

Br