Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:heart: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60, 2 players) 9:club: A:spade: 5:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.40, 2 players) T:club:
      Hero bets $0.90, BB raises to $1.80, Hero calls $0.90

River: ($5.00, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00

Hero mucks A:heart: 9:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Nines) (Pre 27%, Flop 92%, Turn 5%)
      BB shows T:spade: T:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Tens) (Pre 73%, Flop 8%, Turn 95%)
      BB wins $14.00

Villain is 18/13 over 150 hands. Not really any reads on him though.

Preflop and flop are both pretty standard.

On the turn I went for another value bet, and didn't really expect to get raised. I figured he could be raising with a picked up straight draw/flush draw, or maybe with some weaker A as a means to protect against those draws, and of course sets and two pairs.

So assuming no reads, of which I didn't have any significant ones, can we call here? Can we assume he is going to have weaker Ax in his range here? Or is he more likely to be calling those on the turn rather than raising them?

I think looking back at it I might find a fold, because I don't really see him taking this line with much worse. I kind of expect him to check back his weaker aces, really. The only thing I really beat is, what, T9? And he might not even bet that.

So better to fold the river?
  • 2 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Yeah, I should think so.

The villain of course would pay us enough only by calling the flop (even if we don't fold on later streets), but we can increase our profit even more by folding when he shows a behavior that no sane weaker hand would.

We might call him on the turn assuming a bluff, but it's too optimistic to expect him bluffing pot size on the river as well.

Interesting hand :) Hope I learned something too.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tino,

Preflop: Looks fine BvB.

Flop: Looks fine

Turn: Why are we not bet/folding here? Sure we have 2p but villain is never really raising worse (A tighter regular like him will rarely get out of line here with a bluff/worse hand). It's not like he will raise AQ on the turn.

Maybe A5 raises but I doubt it. AT+ for sure.