push or fold strategy

• Janosikgdy

I am new to sng. Before BF I was reg at 0.25/0.5.
      I switched to turbo 9 stt. It gives me more fun;-).
      I started on lowest limit 1.5$ on PS. Maybe some of you recognize me from tables I have the same nick there, Cheers :f_love: .
      Over 700 games I am break even. It's not legit sample size however it gives some feedback about leaks.

Cut to the chase.
      In certain situations i have problem with deciding when should i push top range, 30%,50% any two etc.
      I know it mostly depends on stack sizes of players, number of players, position bubble etc. I just sometimes missplayed and first open shove any two in wrong spot or fold to tight.

I kindly ask you for two things.
      Firstly if you could recommend me good videos/articles from which i learn about thoose mentiond things.

Secondly if you could write here pivot points for common situation when how to act. and on what to focus whenether decide to shove or fold.

P.S i am using sng wizard!
  • 5 replies
    • nokifpp
      Did you try to use ICM trainer?
    • Janosikgdy

I feel that i need solid background in theory. I train with sng wizzard and it's fine but developing correct thinking process is also important.
    • kurrkabin
      Hi, Janosikgdy!

I think you are doing the things the right way- you question yourself, you aim to improve and you work on your game. However, have this in mind- it's not gonna happen in 1 week or a month, poker is so dynamic that all the time you have to adjust, there is always something new to be learned, it's a progress that continues forever in time(or as long you want to play it proffy).

Here, I will give you a link with <3s videos- Click-that when I started with SnG(9-man particularly) I found them most helpful. These are all filtered for your status, however, the higher one you achieve, the more helpful video materials would pop up as options.

Watch the stars series- very helpful. Collin Moshman ofc and then rest of the Video producers deserve their respect as they are not here for no reason.

Besides Video materials, I suggest you post hands in the evaluation forums, which would be in a great help for you. Believe me.

• herekPL
      they re sng begginers coachings at thursday in PL community, check it. MarioAk runs it, def good for any who is starting with SNG.
    • diversfx
      I would also suggest playing fewer tables at first,as it let you focus on reads more.There are so many players at the micro level you end up playing against a lot of unknowns. So stat's take forever to mean much. M2C