[NL2-NL10] NL2 AQo

• Knyght
      Villain is somewhat loose and likes to call a lot preflop, but likes to get more aggressive the later the street.

PF: At first I give quite wide range as villain is loose and stealing from button. I think the 3bet is just fine here. After calling I put villain on something like TT-QQ, AJ+, maybe even KQ and some other worse hands.

Flop: Standard cbet on this board I think. The almost min-raise has me confused. The only things in his range to hit is AJ and JJ. I feel like he'd be raising more if he'd hit. I still um and ah and I'm not sure I should have called here. But I did.

Turn: I get insta-shoved here and I'm really confused. I figure if he had a hand he would have check raised again. So here I call too. Maybe not the best call?

Equilab shows I beat his range, but it is never by much. I think most people wouldn't bet with weaker than AJ, JJ, maybe AK here.

Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players

Hero (BTN): $2.13 (106.5 bb)
      MP1: $0.61 (30.5 bb)
      MP3: $1.97 (98.5 bb)
      CO: $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $1.99 (99.5 bb)
      MP2: $2 (100 bb)
      SB: $0.78 (39 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A Q
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, 2 folds, CO calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.39) J 2 A (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.22, CO raises to $0.52, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.43) 7 (2 players)
      CO bets $1.30 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.30

River: ($4.03) 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

$4.03 pot ($0.20 rake)
      Final Board: J 2 A 7 5
      Hero showed A Q and won $3.83 ($1.83 net)
      CO showed 8 J and lost (-$2 net)
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Knyght,

Preflop: looks fine given the information we have on villain

Flop: Cbet is fine and I doubt he would min ck/raise many made hands. However if he were to do it for value he could have 22,JJ, AJ and possibly A2s.

If he's been aggressive I'd just call and let him bet the turn into us.

Turn: Since he insta shoves the turn he polarizes his range a lot. An insta shove is usually nothing or the nuts and even the nuts may think twice about shipping this dry board.

So I'd call as well.