UTG ($20.42) 41bb
      UTG+1 ($19.92) 40bb
      CO ($67.60) 135bb
      cordaci (BTN) ($50.25) 101bb
      SB ($50) 100bb
      BB ($50) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) cordaci is BTN A:diamond: 2:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, cordaci raises to $2, 2 folds, CO calls $1.50

Flop: 2:club: K:heart: 10:diamond: ($4.75, 2 players)
      CO checks, cordaci checks

Turn: 2:heart: ($4.75, 2 players)
      CO checks, cordaci bets $3, CO calls $3

River: 4:spade: ($10.75, 2 players)
      CO bets $14
  • 7 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Small AF aggression fish overbets. He is not doing this for thin value. If you shove he calls trips (what worse trips does he have in his range?) and boats. He folds his air and probably even hands he bets for thin value like this.

I would actually just cry call because my hand is still just too strong but I don't see a value shove. The reasoning is simply because he is took an aggressive line. Calling stations don't bet light so you aren't playing against his super weak calling range.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      He can still play KT or even AA like that don't u think so? And some X2s
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      He can still play KT or even AA like that don't u think so? And some X2s
      Which and how many compared to those that beat us? How many does he need to call?

It's still an overbet from a passive player.. my ideal way to play against him is not to call his bets and raises, it's to value town him. :D
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Well we only have to worry about KK or TT which he's most likely openraising (his PFR is still 14). 24s is most likely

Such a fish will never fold KT to a riverraise. Neither something like 23s
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      42, T2, 44, K2 are all in his range. We can put just T2s because that one is not connected. Then we need him to call of those weaker 2x hands.

The problem is we have no info on his showdown tendencies, let alone against raises. When facing a polarized range it's usually bad to shove for value unless you are very confident in your range assumption (or you have the nuts).

If you are and found that fish bet enough 2x like this and call them when you shove, I can't disagree with you because that's what you have experienced so far at the tables. There isn't standard way to play here, nor it is a common spot for everyone to be aware of it. It's very specific and there are many previous hands against a player that can convince me to shove such as seeing him open raise some 2xs, TT, seeing him limp AA, not seeing him show up with offsuit garbage postflop in a limped pot (so we can discount T2o and 42o).
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Allright thanks!

I also missed the point that KT probably isn't strong enough for many fishes to fire such a bet :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I also missed the point that KT probably isn't strong enough for many fishes to fire such a bet :)
      Yep, I really doubt he'd overplay KT THAT much. One other thing that skipped my mind was that he also leads some value hands on the turn such as Kx, Tx and so his river range is even more polarized if someone had a doubt about that.