[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - ATo preflop

• 3 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Fold > Call imo. We're behind equity wise against his range and ATo playability sucks oop.

Not sure about a 3b depends on how he reacts to 3bs and his postflop tendencies but I think it could be a little loose and would probably fold it in this spot tbh.

edit: crap thought this was nl25. Is his standard open 2x?

Against a minraise I'd call with ATs, and probably hate it but still fold ATo
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since it is min-raise I would 3-bet most broawday hands. He has there 70bb, so likely he is not that good player and small raises usually mean weak hands.

Fold to me is too weak, I would 3-bet ATo and ATs 3,5-4$. Does not matter to me if he raised co or from mp. Mostly you should take pot down pre-flop or c-bet on the flop. If you get called pre-flop and flop is too drawy then you can always decide if you want to c-bet or not, but in general c-bet should show there profit most boards.

best regards,
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I would 3bet ATo and ATs for thin value against the fish. Flop TPTK and you can value town him and if you flop an Ace you get to showdown with the best hand extremely often.

If he looks fishy, doesn't have full stack and minraises in MP I think the fish label is suitable until proven otherwise so AT becomes a value 3bet even if you flip against his calling range. You play better postflop with this initiative, while if you just call you end up check/folding too often imo.