This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ak 10/12

• carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $4 (100 bb)
      SB: $4.87 (121.8 bb)
      BB: $6.38 (159.5 bb)
      UTG: $4 (100 bb)
      MP: $4 (100 bb)
      CO: $2.49 (62.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K A
      MP posts BB OOP, UTG folds, MP raises to $0.12, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.36, 2 folds, MP calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.78) A 5 5 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP calls $0.60

Turn: ($1.98) T (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $3.04 and is all-in, MP calls $3.04 and is all-in

River: ($8.06) K (2 players, 2 are all-in)

No stats on the villain.. I overbet-shove the turn because I thought I had the best hand and he couldn't fold his.. Calling a 3bet pf and checking twice made me assume he didn't have Aces nor 5x..
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Carrapa,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: cbet is fine although a bit large given the board texture and the fact that this is a 3bet pot.

Turn: While he can't have many better hands there's a chance he has A5, TT, AT.

At these limits overbet shoving is fine because there's a good chance that he can't fold an ace. However he may fold hands like JJ/QQ or draws.
    • carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Carrapa,

Flop: cbet is fine although a bit large given the board texture and the fact that this is a 3bet pot.

At these limits overbet shoving is fine because there's a good chance that he can't fold an ace. However he may fold hands like JJ/QQ or draws.
      If he has A5, TT or AT, i'm shoving anyway, no matter if it's on the turn or the river.. But yeah, on the other hand I don't get value from JJ/QQ by shoving
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by carrapa
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Carrapa,

If he has A5, TT or AT, i'm shoving anyway, no matter if it's on the turn or the river.. But yeah, on the other hand I don't get value from JJ/QQ by shoving
      Well yes and since Ax is a lot more common (combination wise) than JJ/QQ the shove is fine.