This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 6max - K2s BB steal

• painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.02)
      BB ($2.38)
      UTG ($1)
      CO ($2.34)
      Hero ($2.03)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: 2:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.32) 8:heart: 8:diamond: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.23, BB calls $0.23

TURN ($0.78) 8:heart: 8:diamond: 6:club: 6:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.78) 8:heart: 8:diamond: 6:club: 6:heart: 8:club:

BB bets $2 (AI), Hero ???

Pre:
      Standard 3x raise mainly to play with SB or steal. Attemting a steal with a playable hand, suited, bluffcatcher potential.
      Flop:
      I bet smallish on a dry board to take it down. Putting him on medium suited connectors, high cards and possibly small PP.
      Turn:
      I calm down because he called flop, and check behind. I give him almost the same range as flop.
      river:
      The house comes and he insta-shoves.

$1,65 to win $1,2 (considering I can only split pot)
      I see him doing this with many many hands which all lead to him playing the board. Still.. seems like i will have to split alot to profit. I couldnt manage to calculate how many times i must split pot to profit, can you help?

My decision:
      I folded, because I had no chance of winning, and though there was quite a bit of "dead" money I felt the bet to call + rake was too expensive in the long run.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Painterman,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: This is a flop where I don't expect to have much fold equity so we have to bet multiple streets. Considering our hand I would simply check back the flop and go for a delayed cbet (if he bets we fold).

As played I'd just fold the river, he can have plenty of better fullhouses.