fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.32) 8:heart: 8:diamond: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.23, BB calls $0.23

TURN ($0.78) 8:heart: 8:diamond: 6:club: 6:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.78) 8:heart: 8:diamond: 6:club: 6:heart: 8:club:

BB bets $2 (AI), Hero ???

Pre:
      Standard 3x raise mainly to play with SB or steal. Attemting a steal with a playable hand, suited, bluffcatcher potential.
      Flop:
      I bet smallish on a dry board to take it down. Putting him on medium suited connectors, high cards and possibly small PP.
      Turn:
      I calm down because he called flop, and check behind. I give him almost the same range as flop.
      river:
      The house comes and he insta-shoves.

$1,65 to win $1,2 (considering I can only split pot)
      I see him doing this with many many hands which all lead to him playing the board. Still.. seems like i will have to split alot to profit. I couldnt manage to calculate how many times i must split pot to profit, can you help?

My decision:
      I folded, because I had no chance of winning, and though there was quite a bit of "dead" money I felt the bet to call + rake was too expensive in the long run.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Painterman,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: This is a flop where I don't expect to have much fold equity so we have to bet multiple streets. Considering our hand I would simply check back the flop and go for a delayed cbet (if he bets we fold).

As played I'd just fold the river, he can have plenty of better fullhouses.