[NL20-NL50] NL25sh-TT FH on River

• urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Hello
      SB stats
      26/17 / 46 hands / AF-4 / 3b (resteal Total) 13(8)
      What you think that river play?
      Is best move to fold River? 5$ is like almost value bet and i think most of time he have Kx.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $34.84 (139.4 bb)
      SB: $25 (100 bb)
      BB: $26.19 (104.8 bb)
      MP: $21.67 (86.7 bb)
      CO: $13.19 (52.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T T
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, SB raises to $2.50, BB folds, Hero calls $1.88

Flop: ($5.25) K 2 K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.70, SB calls $2.70

Turn: ($10.65) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($10.65) T (2 players)
      SB bets $5, Hero calls $5
  • 8 replies
    • muumionu
      muumionu
      Bronze
      you have 3rd nuts sir, TTTKK, the only hands beat you are KK and KT

I would bet flop bet turn bet river with this run out
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

@muumionu: Any Kx beats him. KKK22 > TTTKK.

@hand:

I don't think he checks Kx too often on the flop. What's his cbet overall and in 3bet pots?

I think you have the best hand very very often but unless you know he is call happy I don't think you can value raise river. His hand looks like QQ, JJ, maybe A high. Maybe you can minraise for value and get a crying call. Other than that I am not confident in raising without more of a read and dynamic.

I do however suggest alternatives on flop and turn. I think betting turn is a perfectly valid option and in many cases better than checking back, depending on what looks weaker to your opponent and his tendencies, of course.

When he check/calls the flop his range will usually be QQ-88, maybe some AQ, AJ type hands so you can possibly value bet/turn your hand into a bluff. I don't think he checks Kx often AND he would probably check/raise at some point, situation where you can easily fold.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Imo this looks like 33-QQ trying to get value from Ax. Maybe not 33-77. He could also have a Tx hand.

So this is a call imo. I think raising isolates you against better hands.

Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I do however suggest alternatives on flop and turn. I think betting turn is a perfectly valid option and in many cases better than checking back, depending on what looks weaker to your opponent and his tendencies, of course.
      If you bet turn say ~$6 villain has ~$14 left on river. Am I right in thinking shipping is ok against this guy? We get value from 88-QQ/Ax/maybe even AA/Tx.

What if he ships? Given he's quite aggressive is it the same thought process?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      After a turn bet, shipping river seems fine but don't expect a huge amount of calls.

If he donks river after you bet the turn I start by puking. Hero doesn't have many hands so I would opt for a very nitty fold. I can't think of other hands apart from Kx that would play like that.

I agree with your thoughts on this specific river play. Raising will be very very thin.
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      When he check/calls the flop his range will usually be QQ-88, maybe some AQ, AJ type hands so you can possibly value bet/turn your hand into a bluff.
      Can you elaborate on that sentence? I'm now pretty confused.
    • urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Heya
      @EmanuelC16
      Flop cbet overall 60% and on 3bet pot 45%
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      We can value bet thinly if he calls A high and all pairs or consider turning our hand into a bluff to make him fold all one pair type hands, by representing Kx. Making people fold is harder than making them call though.

He doesn't cbet a lot so I think he will have quite a few hands with showdown value. It's up to you to decide while playing if you can make him fold everything or he calls too much so you just vbet thin. When T hits the river you have his range in bad shape imo but I am referring to when river is a blank.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Silver
      only folding if

you know opponent is doing this with AK / slow plays his monsters / made hands
      hard to imagine villain c/c flop with AK or Kx here and not bet the turn. unless he wants to play small pots with monsters

its not an easy call but its still a call for me. you beat so many hands that would take this line. small to big PP , AQ / AJ