[NL2-NL10] nl10Sh KQo riverline?

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

vill: 52/35 after 49 hands

What line to take on river? I c/c because now he can bet all his FD's and if I bet I get no value from them. Plus I'm getting value from his worse Qx hands anyway.

Can I c/r the river maybe?

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.99 (29.9 bb)
      CO: $13.55 (135.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $14.96 (149.6 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $41.64 (416.4 bb)
      BB: $10.40 (104 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K Q
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 3 5 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, CO calls $0.54

Turn: ($1.83) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO calls $1.30

River: ($4.43) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20

Results:
      $8.83 pot ($0.44 rake)
      Final Board: 3 5 Q 2 Q
      CO showed J Q and lost (-$4.34 net)
      Hero showed K Q and won $8.39 ($4.05 net)

Thanks!

RasTweet
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ras,

Preflop/Flop/Turn: look fine.

River: This is actually a great spot to talk about.

If we had AQ+ I would overbet shove this river.

Since he has a decent size PFR (do we know if he 3bet at all?) he may 3-bet AQ preflop and sets are most likely raising often before the river. This increases the chance that our hand is best here.

So I would say it's close to an overbet shove as well since he won't fold a Qx and he should have almost every Qx in the deck (at least the suited versions under Q8).

However if you think he can bet a lot when checked to I wouldn't mind ck/shoving (since I'm assuming we wouldn't be ck/raising smaller and folding to a small 3-bet).
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Bogdan!

Isn't overbet shoving a bit overplayed? Sure any Qx will call, but he has more hands then just Qx and none of those hands will call.

So if I check I don't mind if he chechs behind worse hands cause he is never calling a bet anyway. But he could also bet in stead of check if he wants to bluff me. So if I c/shove I get value from his whole range and not only Qx.

Oh and I assume he's always betting a Q on the river obviously. If he doesn't then my check is really really bad.

Thanks!

RasTweet
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey Bogdan!

Isn't overbet shoving a bit overplayed? Sure any Qx will call, but he has more hands then just Qx and none of those hands will call.

So if I check I don't mind if he chechs behind worse hands cause he is never calling a bet anyway. But he could also bet in stead of check if he wants to bluff me. So if I c/shove I get value from his whole range and not only Qx.

Oh and I assume he's always betting a Q on the river obviously. If he doesn't then my check is really really bad.

Thanks!

RasTweet
      If you are assuming that the fishy player will bet all missed draws and Qx then sure we can ck/shove. We lock more money in.

Otherwise I don't mind shoving because any hand that can call less like 88 would not bet the river when checked to anyway (or at least we shouldn't expect it too).

The only value we lose by shoving is against draws that "may" bluff. And of course villain may make herocalls with low pockets since our overbet shove when draws missed may look bluffy to him/her.