Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2032099
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $5.14 - VPIP: 58, PFR: 36, 3B: 5, AF: 1.7, Hands: 244
      CO: $5.78 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 19, 3B: 9, AF: 2.3, Hands: 439
      Hero (BTN): $5.13 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 62509
      SB: $4.88 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 15, 3B: 3, AF: 2.0, Hands: 153
      BB: $5.41 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 15, 3B: 11, AF: 0.4, Hands: 46 (He sees me as someone who steals 67% of the times, so his 3betting range is kind of wide here. )
      UTG: $4.74 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 10, 3B: 7, AF: 3.8, Hands: 359

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with K :diamond: A :heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.30
      I cant bluff, nor do it for value, so better to just call.

Flop: ($0.92) 3 :heart: 9 :club: 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55 He'd bet more with overpairs. I'm pretty comfortable calling. With TT-JJ to protect, and with QQ-AA for value

Turn: ($2.02) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks Might be a good idea to collect dead money here. But I didnt want to get ch.r-d.... I think this is silly, he would never bluff ch.r here, and It's better for me to bet here, than checking and facing a bet on the river, which COULD be a bluff (or he got better by the river card in a strange way)
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      HI Imimba,

Preflop: So we have a guy that potentially 3-bets a lot and we are BTN vs BB and we can't 4-bet?

Sure we can 4-bet/call here (can't fold once we 4-bet due the equity/pot odds left).

I'd make it $1.1 or so and call a a shove.

Remember the profit of your 4-bet comes from him folding to you and thus we collect 12.5 BBs everytime. And when he shoves we usually have enough equity to at least break even.

As played we can easily bet the turn, especially once you said he doesn't really have TT+ because he'd bet bigger on the flop (which I disagree with as well because a standard half pot can be made but his entire range).
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      HI Imimba,

Preflop: So we have a guy that potentially 3-bets a lot and we are BTN vs BB and we can't 4-bet?

Sure we can 4-bet/call here (can't fold once we 4-bet due the equity/pot odds left).

Remember the profit of your 4-bet comes from him folding to you and thus we collect 12.5 BBs everytime. And when he shoves we usually have enough equity to at least break even.

As played we can easily bet the turn, especially once you said he doesn't really have TT+ because he'd bet bigger on the flop (which I disagree with as well because a standard half pot can be made but his entire range).
      My 3bet range is nitty, imagine my 4bet range in his eyes. I mean, I could do it with A2 aswell, and it would be better, because that doesnt flop too much.

Isnt AK "too strong" to collect dead money? I mean, At best we get a coinflip if we get it in. Might be better to keep his range widah. AK is way stronger then A2, that would incline me to get more value out from it than A2, hence claling. What do you think?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      HI Imimba,

My 3bet range is nitty, imagine my 4bet range in his eyes. I mean, I could do it with A2 aswell, and it would be better, because that doesnt flop too much.

Isnt AK "too strong" to collect dead money? I mean, At best we get a coinflip if we get it in. Might be better to keep his range widah. AK is way stronger then A2, that would incline me to get more value out from it than A2, hence claling. What do you think?
      This is where the misinformation/misconception comes in.

The value in the 4-bet is not necessarily from when we stack off (when he shoves and we call) but rather from the money we collect before. And when we stack off we are at least break even on average, if not slightly profitable.

Now of course, if you have solid reasons to believe that he shoves very tight then we may have a problem and we just turned AK into a bluff. However BTN vs SB against an aggro 3-better I can't imagine him being super tight at shoving especially if we don't 4-bet too big and thus maybe induce him to make a light shove.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      HI Imimba,

This is where the misinformation/misconception comes in.

The value in the 4-bet is not necessarily from when we stack off (when he shoves and we call) but rather from the money we collect before. And when we stack off we are at least break even on average, if not slightly profitable.

Now of course, if you have solid reasons to believe that he shoves very tight then we may have a problem and we just turned AK into a bluff. However BTN vs SB against an aggro 3-better I can't imagine him being super tight at shoving especially if we don't 4-bet too big and thus maybe induce him to make a light shove.