SNG to CG

• 11 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Good luck sir,

Not sure if there is much else i can say to be honest. My advice would be to post hands in the evaluation forums each day or after each session. This will help you find leaks, correct your thought process and send you on your way up through the stakes.

You should also check out this thread: Choose the right poker video for you! and see what the experts suggest is the best video to help you move from sit n go to cash.

good luck
      Carl
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey Acespeci! nice choice - cash games ftw :D

although i have never studied SnGs i can say that cash games are a whole new game. definitely it will take some time to adjust but i think you will find it very rewarding once you get used to playing them :)

and +1 to what Carl said!

Lewis.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Acespeci!

I think you'll be fine preflop, but once postflop you'll probably have to most problems. But I'm sure that after some studying you'll be fine on the CG's!

RasTweet
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Agreed with RasTweet on the post flop play.

But pre flop is completely different as well! Mostly because you're always playing with a 100 BB stack, where as SNG play revolves a lot around open shoving/folding with short stacks. So that's also a very big change.
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      try out 45man sngs, when i played sngs i reached i think 7$ level on stars and broke even after 2k games, then a guy from pokerstrategy told me i should try out multi table sngs like 45mans and i started making very very nice profits, not too long after i got to even 30$ 180s there... :p
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pericas1991
      try out 45man sngs, when i played sngs i reached i think 7$ level on stars and broke even after 2k games, then a guy from pokerstrategy told me i should try out multi table sngs like 45mans and i started making very very nice profits, not too long after i got to even 30$ 180s there... :p
      Nice!! Thats some sick heater :)

How long would you say it took you to get from $7 Stt to $30 MTSnGs?

@OP: Have you ever thought of trying multi table sit n gos?
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      oh well it did take me some time, a year maybe, but still, i think its an ok time for grinding out a bankroll big enough for 30$ 180s.. :f_p: my oppinion of why i menaged to get quite profitable on mt sngs is that there are a lot more fish then in normal 9 man sngs, i did also get much better obviosly as a poker player, but if someone can live with the sick variance of mt sngs, i really suggest to play them.. :)
    • tigerace999
      tigerace999
      Bronze
      I too changed from SnGs to cash games for same reasons ,Now have 2000 hands seem to be doing better although all premium hands are losing me the most bbs,
      I would recommend playing just 2 tables or even 1 just to find your standing
      also if your playing 6 max i highly recommend plenos tutorial (ask me anything about 6 max)..Also if your going to play micro limits remember no one seems to have any respect for raises. Good luck...
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      oh well it did take me some time, a year maybe, but still, i think its an ok time for grinding out a bankroll big enough for 30$ 180s.. :f_p: my oppinion of why i menaged to get quite profitable on mt sngs is that there are a lot more fish then in normal 9 man sngs, i did also get much better obviosly as a poker player, but if someone can live with the sick variance of mt sngs, i really suggest to play them.. :)
      Its a pretty fucking good time if you ask me :D

Nice one how many Buy-ins would you suggest to is good to have to play MT sngs at each level?
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Its a pretty fucking good time if you ask me :D

Nice one how many Buy-ins would you suggest to is good to have to play MT sngs at each level?
      ~150 buy ins for 45man i think is fine,300 buy ins for 180s.. :p variance is just soo sick there, part of which y i too moved to cash games... cant be very precise about the mt sng stuff as its been a few months since i`ve grinded them, and im just doing fine at those, so i dont consider myself being some kind of an expert or anything, for quite a long time actually i used 100 buy ins brm before fellow mt sng grinder pointed out to me thats extremely aggro.. :f_biggrin:
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      *35$ 180s