This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 99

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Villain is 32/12/45

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $3.64
      CO: $11.03
      BTN: $11.77
      Hero (SB): $5.67
      BB: $3.15
      UTG: $5.35
      UTG+1: $4.95
      MP: $2.96

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 9:club: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.12, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.35, fold

Flop: ($0.92, 2 players) 5:heart: 8:club: 7:spade:
      Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.92, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

River: ($2.92, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.75 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.75

BB shows 3:diamond: 3:club: (Two Pair, Eights and Threes) (Pre 19%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows 9:club: 9:spade: (Two Pair, Nines and Eights) (Pre 81%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins $6.15

Turn bet is a bet I will often make with a full house as well, to pot commit villain for river and force him to reraise most made hands on the turn. I am planning to call turn if he jams there also. I feel like he's reraising most 8s on the flop and any overpair. I suspect I am ahead on flop and when he flats my turn bet I know he's beat and I check river to induce a bluff, so I have to call his shove. It's pretty unlikely backdoor flush since he calls decent bet on flop. Personally I put him on 66 so was pretty surprised to see 33. I think I made a lot of mistakes here but not sure exactly what they are :f_biggrin:
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Metza,

Preflop: Are we 3-beting for value or bluff (vs CO)? It looks like a bluff and I don't like bluffing with decent hands especially with fish behind us.

Flop: Looks fine, can get value from some 8x and high cards.

Turn: We no longer get value from 8x so we can check and possibly call one bet (we allow him to bluff his floats).

I wouldn't necessarily agree that villain can't have 8x or pairs after the flop. He may raise some but he can also call quite a few.

Considering our inducing bet on the turn we have to go with the hand although I'm not a huge fan of inducing versus unknown (unless you had some reads on him that I don't see).