[NL2-NL10] NL10 trips vs Fullhouse

• elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Im I doing anything wrong there? I read him for exactly the hand he had, pocket 77s or pocket 8s but I felt I could be ahead of a lot of two pairs.

On the turn I had so many outs but I didnt want to inflate the pot. Also I didnt want to get reraised if he really had trips.

On the river I think that was the worst card for me because on making trips I couldnt lay my hand and called his raise. I am still wondering how often he will lead out repping the queen himself as a bluff there, or lead out with two pair or Ax to make my call profitable.

What do you think?

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $18.87 (188.7 bb)
      UTG: $18.75 (187.5 bb)
      MP: $14.35 (143.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $24.98 (249.8 bb)
      BTN: $3.31 (33.1 bb)
      SB: $6.04 (60.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K Q
      UTG calls $0.10, MP folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.60) 8 7 Q (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1, SB folds, BB calls $1, UTG folds

Turn: ($3.60) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.60) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70

Results:
      $9 pot ($0.60 rake)
      Final Board: 8 7 Q A Q
      BB showed 7 7 and won $8.40 ($4.30 net)
      Hero mucked K Q and lost (-$4.10 net)
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Elchipriota,

Preflop: looks good

Flop: Why exactly are we putting him on 77x or 88s only? I can't see any stats so why are we assuming he is so tight?

As played checking turn is fine because we don't get value from 99-JJ here and even some weaker Qx can fold.

On the river I am never folding because he even be valuebetting a QJ/QT since we checked turn. He can also have some Ax hands that he bets.
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Thank you bogdan. So profitable call in the longrun ?

Villain is playing 17/11 over 66 hands. I knew that he could be calling with a worse queen and thus I called but on this hand (even though it doesnt happen frequently) my gut was telling me he was on a set.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi, Nick,

I agree with Bogdan -- good hand.

A few thing for you to consider:
      a) Even if the BB is rather tight, because how the preflop developed, he gets pretty good odds to call with just about any good speculative hand: he needs to pay 3 BB to watch a flop in the pot of 14,5 BB (if the limper calls, which is fairly reasonable, since he'll have good odds as well). On top of that, great implied odds in a multiway raised pot.
      b) Our check behind on turn is called a bluff induce. Even if we didn't mean to induce any bluffs and were playing purely for pot control, quite often villains (especially bad ones) will be tempted to bet the river sensing our weakness. Considering the fact that he could even bluff (or bet with a medium made hand) our call with a set is something you should rarely question.

Of course, if you possess some super-natural abilities and you knew that he had a FH...you could fold :D But for ordinary mortlas his FH is not easy enough to read to make a fold profitable in the long run.

Best luck,

German
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Th334
      Hi, Nick,

Of course, if you possess some super-natural abilities and you knew that he had a FH...you could fold :D But for ordinary mortlas his FH is not easy enough to read to make a fold profitable in the long run.

Best luck,

German

Hey German,

I will continue observing myself and If I have more correct enlightments at the time of the game maybe next time I should fold my trips :s_biggrin: