[NL20-NL50] turn bet

• daisuke3823
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, SB folds, BB calls $0.37.

Flop: ($1.34) Q, 5, 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.60, BB raises to $4.50, Hero calls $2.90.

Turn: ($10.34) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($10.34) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.10, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10.34.

he is unknown,I should bet on the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      I think checking back the turn is OK. He is not representing a weak hand by bet/3betting flop but you can't fold TPTK in these positions just yet. Had it been with you opening UTG I would snap fold to the 3bet.

Checking turn is fine and try to not bloat the pot because against an unknown you don't want to put in your stacks after he 3bet the flop. After he checks river you definitely have a value bet and I think you can actually bet smaller since check turn/check river will be a weak hand or air, therefore you are unlikely to get value with a 1/2 pot bet.
    • Phgrinder
      i also think check turn is fine. if opponent would 3bet flop and lead turn then i think we can safely fold here.

just curious what would you do if villain takes a donkey line with another c/r on the turn if you lead out?

it would be hard to put him on a set / two pair type hand and kinda weird after c/r flop and going for c/r turn but would just like our inputs if he took this line?