$25.15
      MP2:
      $8.77
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $55.80

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, K.
      MP2 raises to $0.75, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.75, BU calls $0.75, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.1) 7, 9, Q (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $0.75, BU folds, Hero raises to $2.40, MP2 folds, CO calls $1.65.

Turn: ($7.9) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.90, CO calls $4.90.

River: ($17.7) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.20, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $17.7.

CO is unknown.
      I think my raise size on the flop was small?
      turn as well?
      and should I bet smaller on the river?
      its possible he may raise with ace of spade,but can i call if I got raised?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Again this is a spot where I prefer leading because when people bet you get to play vs very strong ranges. Yes, you never give up your hand here but if you do get it in it's vs sets, 2 pairs and 7x of spades. Not that awesome.

After checking, I think you should raise bigger on the flop like you mentioned. He bet soooo small, I would make it $6 and overbet jam any turn. It's a hand you want to play strong, in TonyG's words: play it like a set.

Your turn bet is also on the small side. He either has a great hand and is never folding or a weak hand that will fold. Just bet 5/6 pot or even potsize.

River I think is a check/fold, maaaybe check/call depending on sizing. We have to say what we expect him to call us with. You have K high flush and block J high flush. Does he have just Ts in his hand in an offsuit hand? JT with Ts, QT with Ts? What else? His range will usually be a pair with some redraw, I think sets and flushes would get it in quicker. That redraw can be As (bad for us), Ts or lower. I doubt you can get less than Ts to call a river bet and your sizing is too big even for that. You have to bet reaaaalllyyyy small here to get a crying call from a weak one card flush. I would actually bet like $1-2.

I'm not worried about getting bluffed of my hand. People call made hands and his range does contain As a reasonable amount which he will always raise.