$33.91
      MP2:
      $12.83
      MP3:
      $33.83
      CO:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 3.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.40, CO calls $1.65.

Flop: ($4.9) Q, 6, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($4.9) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.60, CO raises to $5.75, Hero calls $3.15.

River: ($16.4) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $9.00, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $16.4.
      his stats in 295 hands vpip25 pfr17 af2,2 wtsd30 w$sd50
      I have flush draw,but against his turn raise,should I fold?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Preflop is OK but you can also call since you are BB (you won't get squeezed, pot will be HU).

After the preflop 3bet though, I think flop is definitely a cbet. Qxx boards are not awesome when people call 3bets but they are not the worst ever either. You still have FE and with your backdoor draws you have barreling potential to make them fold all their middle pairs and better A highs.

When you check, it's usually because you think A high is good and will check/call to bluffcatch (which I dislike, I think your A high is too weak for that). I would only check/fold a hand such as A2hh or along those lines because I think I don't have enough equity to potentially barrel him of better hands. This doesn't mean I would always check/fold that, sometimes you can still cbet and take it from there against some opponents (more info required, obviously).

Now I don't really understand your turn bet. It's again without a clear reason in your thought process. You only use the fact that you have a flushdraw without considering your opponents range and his likely action. I do think betting is fine but I would bet bigger (around 2/3 pot) and look to fire rivers as well. Your opponent is not the best to bluff but I think your NFD and overcard are good enough equity. When he raises turn though it's not a pretty situation for you. I think calling is bad because you don't have implied odds and the direct odds you are getting aren't great either, especially considering reverse implied odds. You can take the easy way out and fold or try to bluff him off a hand such as JT, QJ, KJ that decided to play like this. I know, you have KJ beat but you won't win at showdown against it so if you make him fold that it's a success. The good thing is you can 3bet/fold because of the small sizings you and your opponent used. You can make it $9 and fold to a shove.

My second suggestion is based around the idea he could be bluff raising the turn. If he doesn't do that, just fold even to the small raise with your NFD. It's just not a good spot you got yourself into, you can't always be +EV.