Hero bets $0.21, BB raises to $0.57, Hero calls $0.36

RIVER ($1.44) 7:club: K:club: 7:diamond: A:spade: 7:heart:

Hero bets $0.72, BB raises to $4.28 (AI), Hero calls $3.56

Hero shows Q:club: A:heart:
      (Pre 59%, Flop 0.6%, Turn 4.5%)

BB shows 7:spade: K:spade:
      (Pre 41%, Flop 99.4%, Turn 95.5%)

BB wins $9.34

He sold it for sure, ignoring flop, raising turn on ace, i assumed he either has a or k making fd pay more or he has an fd maybe an Acxs one, so didn't care much about it and donked to river so his k could call too but then he showed which points to nuts but what the hell.

Whats the optimal line ?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Considering he floats a lot we can bet here and get called by worse and we can also ck/call since he does bet often in position.

An alarm bell should go off when he just checks the flop because he either has a mediocre hand he wants to get to showdown with or a slowplay.

Turn: We should bet/fold here. If he wanted to bluff he would bluff flop and made hands that want to see a showdown don't bluff raise you on the ace. Of course if we have aggressive history than we can't fold.

Why would he ever have a K or FD after checking the flop back? His is really aggro on flop and bet's a lot. Those hands would rarely ever check back.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I don't get it

I think it's unreasonable to fear from 77 the only card he could have and wouldn't bet for slowplay reasons on a flop but very much expect it for value. Turn raise could be anything but 40% aggression and holding tptk should be a good for a call. On river his only slowplay card possibility just gone busto making it big fat 0. 77 not only wants to play for stacks also betting the flop is the most profitable choice, i might pay for another club or won't pay a penny on it.

I doubt he even plays 67 or 78 in the blinds against raise, maximum the suited variants

What slowplays you see him having on the flop ?

Really don't get it, i didn't see it coming until he pushed me on the river but even then didn't make any sense to me, what 7x he could have that may plays like this.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I don't get it

I think it's unreasonable to fear from 77 the only card he could have and wouldn't bet for slowplay reasons on a flop but very much expect it for value. Turn raise could be anything but 40% aggression and holding tptk should be a good for a call. On river his only slowplay card possibility just gone busto making it big fat 0. 77 not only wants to play for stacks also betting the flop is the most profitable choice, i might pay for another club or won't pay a penny on it.

I doubt he even plays 67 or 78 in the blinds against raise, maximum the suited variants

What slowplays you see him having on the flop ?

Really don't get it, i didn't see it coming until he pushed me on the river but even then didn't make any sense to me, what 7x he could have that may plays like this.
      I wouldn't fear from 77 only hear, that would be unreasonable.

However BvB villain can easily have 67, 78, 79s, A7, K7, Q7.

We can expect someone like him to actually bet the flop with Kx or FD almost always. On top of that we can expect him to bluff a fair amount.

On the turn, when he raises he can still have the 7x hands, on top of maybe some Ax hands and as you said random bluffs.

But do random bluffs shove that river?

We are either looking at a rare 7x, or an A for a split in best case scenario.