NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5)
      BB ($5.24)
      UTG ($3.88)
      Hero ($5.17)
      CO ($11.11)
      BTN ($4.98)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, BTN raises to $0.35, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25

FLOP ($0.77) A:diamond: 2:heart: K:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

TURN ($1.27) A:diamond: 2:heart: K:club: 3:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

RIVER ($2.77) A:diamond: 2:heart: K:club: 3:heart: 7:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.05, Hero calls $2.05

BTN shows K:heart: K:diamond:
      (Pre 67%, Flop 93.5%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows A:club: J:club:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 6.5%, Turn 0.0%)

BTN wins $6.42

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: Why are we min raising in UTG+1 (MP) here?

We should make it at least 3x and either fold to the 3-bet or 4-bet bluff. Playing OOP is never fun especially with possibly dominated hands.

As played what exactly do we expect villain to 3 -barrel into us? He seems aggro but turn/river samples are very small.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Mr was a missclick

Obviously stayed for his aggression but good question since this is the worst board to continue bluffing AK high, i could drop a weaker ace if i called with that. On river he representing aa,kk,ak,22,33,77 2% range, if he is betting loose i doubt he is stopping at aq, making it a +ev call if we include at, not even including bluffs.

Polarized range
      KK+,TT-22,AKs,ATs-A2s,KJs-KTs,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s,54s,AKo,ATo-A2o,KTo,QTo,JTo

23% possibly wider due to our small raise

If he is aggressive on first 2 street he is likely to be one on the last, what i thought is pretty obvious and didn't change much, either he loosely vbets or bluffs i am good, only bad if he becomes a nun and bets less than 10% of his 3b range which is unlikely considering his style so far, he might do bluffs for bluffing sake, most do
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Mr was a missclick

Obviously stayed for his aggression but good question since this is the worst board to continue bluffing AK high, i could drop a weaker ace if i called with that. On river he representing aa,kk,ak,22,33,77 2% range, if he is betting loose i doubt he is stopping at aq, making it a +ev call if we include at, not even including bluffs.

Polarized range
      KK+,TT-22,AKs,ATs-A2s,KJs-KTs,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s,54s,AKo,ATo-A2o,KTo,QTo,JTo

23% possibly wider due to our small raise

If he is aggressive on first 2 street he is likely to be one on the last, what i thought is pretty obvious and didn't change much, either he loosely vbets or bluffs i am good, only bad if he becomes a nun and bets less than 10% of his 3b range which is unlikely considering his style so far, he might do bluffs for bluffing sake, most do
      Not necessarly.

There are plenty of people that are aggro on flop and turn and then shut down on the river. And more so at the lower limits.

However, if you are going in this hand with the assumption that he can 3-barrel bluff then sure call him down, what else can we do?

But villain is barreling (albeit after a small cbet) on a dry card and then barrels again on another dry card. Surely he can't expect an Ax to fold, maybe a Kx at best.