Hello

• MoonrakerJ
      MoonrakerJ
      Bronze
      Hello there.

I did have another account on here before. I had to leave poker for a while though and when I came back here to log in I had forgotten my username, password and which email address I was using. Never mind, that account was still at basic status anyway and I managed to blow my free bankroll when I was drunk one night.

So I am starting the hard way with free rolls and currently just doing little more than breaking even on micro SNGS (without alcohol ;) ). The learning material here is very useful though and I'm looking forward to improving. As much as I would like to be making money right now that isn't the important thing for me right now, getting good at this poker malarkey is.

I'd say now my weakest point is discipline, or lack thereof. It was just yesterday that I got a rush of blood to the head at having a spade flush with the 9 in my pocket cards. Of course this meant there were four spades in the community cards and, needless to say, that particular hand did not end well for me. Of course it's an obvious thing and I just need to learn to be in the right mindset so I am paying full attention.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to eradicating silly errors, making better decisions over all and, hopefully, begin making money some time this millennium.
  • 4 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey Moonraker,

Thanks for joining us, uhm, again lol.

I don't see much of a problem with this as long as you aren't claiming the free bankroll multiple times or multi accounting at poker rooms. Although your old account will still be active somewhere, might be worth sending a ticket to our Support Team to explain the situation to them incase they think something fishy is going on :)

The mental side of the game is probably the hardest part to beat for most players in my opinion. At least you recognise that your discipline sucks and now you can work on that. Take a look at the link for Jared Tendlers Q&A in my sig under this post. He is widely regarded as one of, if not the best mental game coach around and there are some great tips in that there thread ;)

We look forward to seeing you around the forums, welcome again

Carl
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hello MoonrakerJ

this:
      As much as I would like to be making money right now that isn't the important thing for me right now, getting good at this poker malarkey is.

will most likely get you making money much quicker than worrying about the money :)

good luck!

Lewis.
    • MoonrakerJ
      MoonrakerJ
      Bronze
      Thank's gents.

There's nothing fishy going on with my account but I agree that somebody may get the wrong end of the stick and will inform the support team as suggested.

And yeah, I take heart being able to identify my main weakness because once identified it can then be fixed. Once that's fixed (hopefully), I can then begin to focus on fixing my next weakness.

Best Regards

Jamie
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Awesome now its just trying to find the best way to combat this.

I guess that Q&A is a good place to start. Also check out the productivity guide (also in my sig) you will learn how to reach your full potential, really get the most out of yourself.

Good to have you around sir