[NL2-NL10] Nl2 SH, "Me & my mate went fishing"

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $0.85 (42.5 bb)
      BB: $1.30 (65 bb)
      MP: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (CO): $6.87 (343.5 bb)
      BTN: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K J
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN folds, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.24) Q 9 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.24) J (3 players)
      SB bets $0.06, BB calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

River: ($0.42) K (3 players)
      SB bets $0.08, BB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, SB calls $0.12

Results:
      $1.02 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: Q 9 2 J K
      SB mucked K 6 and lost (-$0.34 net)
      BB showed 6 A and won $0.98 ($0.64 net)
      Hero mucked K J and lost (-$0.34 net)

Flop: no-cbet in two opponents on a FD board (no-cbet is a huge improvement for me =) ) Though, I think it's a bit marginal...and from time to time we can c-bet here in tight opponents.

Turn: as I doubt that someone has a Q, why not to call a smallish bet with a medium strong made hand?

River: I'm not sure...the only reason I even considered to call here is the price. Even after a raise, it's still pretty low. It's difficult to evaluate this situation, because of this idiot who donks 6-8 cents all the way long. If there was a proper bet and a proper raise -- I would indeed fold. But here...I don't know. Unfortunately, PS strategy section does not specify how to play against idiots :)

The idiot is 73/9 so you don't question my attitude to him. BB seems like a reasonable player, however, I don't know how reasonable players play against...well, don't wanna say this word again :)

So is the river a crying fold or I can consider calling here?

TY
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi German,

Preflop: looks fine with 2 fishy guys in the blinds

Flop: I would go for a delayed cbet here as well. We won't have much FE and our hand equity isn't great.

Turn: As played I don't mind raise/folding for thin value on the turn (with the intention of checking back all blank rivers) given the small bet.

As played I would fold the river as Tx and flush beats us (even though the raise is small).