This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 SH, "Me & my mate went fishing"

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $0.85 (42.5 bb)
      BB: $1.30 (65 bb)
      MP: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (CO): $6.87 (343.5 bb)
      BTN: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K J
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN folds, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.24) Q 9 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.24) J (3 players)
      SB bets $0.06, BB calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

River: ($0.42) K (3 players)
      SB bets $0.08, BB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, SB calls $0.12

Results:
      $1.02 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: Q 9 2 J K
      SB mucked K 6 and lost (-$0.34 net)
      BB showed 6 A and won $0.98 ($0.64 net)
      Hero mucked K J and lost (-$0.34 net)

Flop: no-cbet in two opponents on a FD board (no-cbet is a huge improvement for me =) ) Though, I think it's a bit marginal...and from time to time we can c-bet here in tight opponents.

Turn: as I doubt that someone has a Q, why not to call a smallish bet with a medium strong made hand?

River: I'm not sure...the only reason I even considered to call here is the price. Even after a raise, it's still pretty low. It's difficult to evaluate this situation, because of this idiot who donks 6-8 cents all the way long. If there was a proper bet and a proper raise -- I would indeed fold. But here...I don't know. Unfortunately, PS strategy section does not specify how to play against idiots :)

The idiot is 73/9 so you don't question my attitude to him. BB seems like a reasonable player, however, I don't know how reasonable players play against...well, don't wanna say this word again :)

So is the river a crying fold or I can consider calling here?

TY
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi German,

Preflop: looks fine with 2 fishy guys in the blinds

Flop: I would go for a delayed cbet here as well. We won't have much FE and our hand equity isn't great.

Turn: As played I don't mind raise/folding for thin value on the turn (with the intention of checking back all blank rivers) given the small bet.

As played I would fold the river as Tx and flush beats us (even though the raise is small).