This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Easy Money in a Hard Game!

• Pokermage2008
      Pokermage2008
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I am Pokermage2008, 22 years old, and a fascinated pokerplayer. Four years ago i started playing poker, after i saw some TV-ads about poker after some televised tournaments. Then i donked around for quite some while, until i realised that there MIGHT be a strategy behind this game :D

After i found out that poker isn't just a simple game but a game more complex than chess, i started thinking about poker nearly every day and tried to solve some problems i had in understanding the game. Let me say it this way: i am not done yet, not even close ;)

Since 2010 i have played poker semiprofessionally to finance my university studies in economics and business. I first started with the short-stack-strategy promoted by Pokerstrategy and luckily i instantly experienced a big upswing. In retrospect thats goob, because otherwise i might have quitted the game early on! With this upswing i moved up the stakes, starting from NL0,05/0,10 in Febuary to NL5/10(NL1k) in Dezember. I was playing at Everest Poker that time, and due to missing traffic i was bound to grind out all NL100 to NL1000 tables to get my 12 tables. While grinding out solid 5 to 10k each month on those extremly soft tables back then , i also started focusing on improving my game and skill. I spent about half the time grinding and studying, that seemed a good balance back then. Today i know that i would have made more money overall if i used that time just practicing on the tables while turning in big $$$$$.

But what i learned back then was, that you need really study poker everyday to keep up with the competition. So if you ever wanna play NL200+ and higher, you just need a sick determination to the game , and really put in a good work ethic otherwise you will just never come across NL50 limits.

Today i am grinding at Americas Card Room, and you can see me at the Tables NL100 to NL1000 sitting there, playing every fish that comes to my 6max games :D

What can you expect from this Blog?
      Intresting pokerhands, graphs with sick swings :p , strategy content, some funny reallife stories and maybe some funny content you haven't seen on reddit maybe!

So long,
      Pokermage2008
  • 6 replies
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Gold
      gonna follow, GL! :)
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      wow, one of the sickest progres stories i have seen O_o

definitely will be following, i will learn something from you for sure if you will share some of this hocus-pocus magic :)
    • Pokermage2008
      Pokermage2008
      Bronze
      Happy new Year!!!!

After my well deserved Christmas break I started grinding again. There only was one problem: Lack of traffic. NL200+ on European daytime is nearly dead... So i decided while waiting for fish to join my 6max and HU tables to play some Turbo and Hyperturbo Sngs. I basically never played them seriously but now I tried to really beat them and also made some content:

FREE MERSENNEARY EBOOK (HU CONTENT)

I started at the limit 22$ with turbo sngs and am now playing 22-55$ hypers and turbos. And i finally got my well-deserved upswing: 22$-55$ 61 buyins up (Hyper: 500, Turbo 1500)

Regards,

Pokermage2008
    • Pokermage2008
      Pokermage2008
      Bronze

Hello fellow Pokerplayers :)

Today I was grinding 12-16 tables as usual when suddenly:

My tenth Royal Flush:

(I play so low because I need some VPPs to keep my status on Americas Cardroom and there is a points race, where it doesn't really matter what stake you play, so that's why)

Todays graph:

Have a nice week guys!!!!
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Nice work and that's a shiny Royal :)

Yellow Spades though :f_o:
    • Pokermage2008
      Pokermage2008
      Bronze
      haha it really looks like spades yes :D

should be clubs though, the software on this site is nothing like stars :p