Easy Money in a Hard Game!

• Pokermage2008
      Pokermage2008
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I am Pokermage2008, 22 years old, and a fascinated pokerplayer. Four years ago i started playing poker, after i saw some TV-ads about poker after some televised tournaments. Then i donked around for quite some while, until i realised that there MIGHT be a strategy behind this game :D

After i found out that poker isn't just a simple game but a game more complex than chess, i started thinking about poker nearly every day and tried to solve some problems i had in understanding the game. Let me say it this way: i am not done yet, not even close ;)

Since 2010 i have played poker semiprofessionally to finance my university studies in economics and business. I first started with the short-stack-strategy promoted by Pokerstrategy and luckily i instantly experienced a big upswing. In retrospect thats goob, because otherwise i might have quitted the game early on! With this upswing i moved up the stakes, starting from NL0,05/0,10 in Febuary to NL5/10(NL1k) in Dezember. I was playing at Everest Poker that time, and due to missing traffic i was bound to grind out all NL100 to NL1000 tables to get my 12 tables. While grinding out solid 5 to 10k each month on those extremly soft tables back then , i also started focusing on improving my game and skill. I spent about half the time grinding and studying, that seemed a good balance back then. Today i know that i would have made more money overall if i used that time just practicing on the tables while turning in big $$$$$.

But what i learned back then was, that you need really study poker everyday to keep up with the competition. So if you ever wanna play NL200+ and higher, you just need a sick determination to the game , and really put in a good work ethic otherwise you will just never come across NL50 limits.

Today i am grinding at Americas Card Room, and you can see me at the Tables NL100 to NL1000 sitting there, playing every fish that comes to my 6max games :D

What can you expect from this Blog?
      Intresting pokerhands, graphs with sick swings :p , strategy content, some funny reallife stories and maybe some funny content you haven't seen on reddit maybe!

So long,
      Pokermage2008
  • 6 replies
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Platinum
      gonna follow, GL! :)
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      wow, one of the sickest progres stories i have seen O_o

definitely will be following, i will learn something from you for sure if you will share some of this hocus-pocus magic :)
    • Pokermage2008
      Pokermage2008
      Bronze
      Happy new Year!!!!

After my well deserved Christmas break I started grinding again. There only was one problem: Lack of traffic. NL200+ on European daytime is nearly dead... So i decided while waiting for fish to join my 6max and HU tables to play some Turbo and Hyperturbo Sngs. I basically never played them seriously but now I tried to really beat them and also made some content:

FREE MERSENNEARY EBOOK (HU CONTENT)

I started at the limit 22$ with turbo sngs and am now playing 22-55$ hypers and turbos. And i finally got my well-deserved upswing: 22$-55$ 61 buyins up (Hyper: 500, Turbo 1500)

Regards,

Pokermage2008
    • Pokermage2008
      Pokermage2008
      Bronze

Hello fellow Pokerplayers :)

Today I was grinding 12-16 tables as usual when suddenly:

My tenth Royal Flush:

(I play so low because I need some VPPs to keep my status on Americas Cardroom and there is a points race, where it doesn't really matter what stake you play, so that's why)

Todays graph:

Have a nice week guys!!!!
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Nice work and that's a shiny Royal :)

Yellow Spades though :f_o:
    • Pokermage2008
      Pokermage2008
      Bronze
      haha it really looks like spades yes :D

should be clubs though, the software on this site is nothing like stars :p