NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.99)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($23.32)
      UTG+1 ($28.38)
      CO ($24.12)
      Hero ($20)

Dealt to Hero 3:heart: 3:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, fold, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.90) K:heart: 5:heart: A:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.20, UTG+1 calls $1.20

TURN ($4.30) K:heart: 5:heart: A:diamond: 8:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($4.30) K:heart: 5:heart: A:diamond: 8:club: 4:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $4.30, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $4.09

~ 50/12 fish, fcbet 50 (6), 50 hands

saw him floating and check turn, bet rivers but did not see showdowns

Blinds are regs

His range should be wide and this flop is scary so I cbet. But of course he has all Ax an many Kx, and draws. So Is thire a cbet or c/f flop? The bad part is his floats.

What about limp behind for cheap setmine? If blind raises, I can call, especially when fish calls. If fish does not call and I limp call, blinds can read that I have weak PP.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

I'll start my reply with a call to action :)

Open up equilab, add his potential limp call range, our hand and the flop. Find out how his range hits this board (if you don't know how let me know).

Now see how much of his range can continue here and what is made up off.

You may be surprised by the results.

Re: float

How do we know it was a float if we haven't seen a showdown? Were these floats OOP or IP? He could have easily had a hand to ck/call with, and turn went ck/ck so he bet river for value.

Re: limp

With position I don't see why we would limp here unless we have fish behind as well. Part of the value of raising this hand is in the pots we take down preflop or postflop with a cbet. Plus we don't make it cheap for SB and BB to come in the pot with hands that have 50% equity versus our hand. On top of that we build up the pot so in case we hit we can actually play for stacks. In a limped pot it will be hard to play for stacks.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I gave him 40% range l/c so would be this:

44+, A2s+, K2s+, Q5s+, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, A3o+, K7o+, Q8o+, J9o+, T9o

and then then I see that he has nothing postflop 35% of the time. So this is real fold equity.

When I cbet 1.2, I need 38 % FE, so I have it most likely. If I would cbet 1$ then I would need 35% FE, so that is good.

How do we know it was a float if we haven't seen a showdown? Were these floats OOP or IP? He could have easily had a hand to ck/call with, and turn went ck/ck so he bet river for value.

WE cannot know, but I think they don't hit that often, but they are smart enought to bet once they see weakness I think.