Close to losing BR

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      I started playing poker again when FT came back after roughly a years break.

It was going pretty good for a few weeks but in the past 2 weeks my BR has been decimated, I've lost 2/3 of my entire role (roughly 19 BI), it's wrecked my confidence and I'm close to withdrawing and quitting. I don't know if it's just a really bad downswing or if I'm playing TERRIBLY.

Is it normal to lose 19 BI?

What should I do? Is it best to quit or should I read more \ join a study group etc.?

Thing is the majority of my losses have been against LAG and clueless/fish players, but I still feel I'm playing like a retard.

I play 2/3/4 tables (depends how I'm feeling) 6-max on Full Tilt, 0.02/0.05NL. If I can't beat this level, what's the point.

Here's my graph:

Any advice?
  • 23 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      just posted a whineage threadmyself, check it out, there are some nice answers... :)

seriously, i tried....:(
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Joke post right? :tongue:
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      looks like it's time to pwn NL2! :f_biggrin:
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MMPokerNab
      looks like it's time to pwn NL2! :f_biggrin:
      With my most substantial losses coming from players shoving air on the flop/middle pairs/gutshot draws 4-betting low PP's and hitting trips etc. I genuinely fear what will happen a level below this, as if it's not bad enough here! :(
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      You haven't given us any information that we can use to help you.

What is your WTSD and WSD%? That's the most common leak at NL2/NL5.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      The most overused saying in poker advice will follow

'Move up to where they respect your raises!'

obv is obv
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      1. Improve your game until you crush the current stakes
      2. only THEN multitable

What's the point of playing multiple tables if you're not crushing? To lose money faster :D ?
    • tigerace999
      tigerace999
      Bronze
      mini raise/fold
    • MonaiPlox
      MonaiPlox
      Bronze
      And when you lose playing football or computer games or when you race your friend on bike and lose do you quit? Its ridiculous, get your shit together and find if its not your fault that you have lost and go improve yourself man!
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Pah loose a few bankrolls but keep learning the whole time and you will be ok we all do it pretty sure I did 2 bankrolls before I picked up some steam.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      1. Improve your game until you crush the current stakes
      2. only THEN multitable

What's the point of playing multiple tables if you're not crushing? To lose money faster :D ?
      I agree, two tables seems about right for now I can at least break even that way. Most of my upswing I was only playing 2.

You haven't given us any information that we can use to help you.

What is your WTSD and WSD%? That's the most common leak at NL2/NL5.

WTSD% - 32.3
      W$SD% - 53.4
      3bet: 2.9

My average VPIP / PFR is 15/12
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sketchzr

That is too tight for 6max.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      Originally posted by sketchzr

That is too tight for 6max.
      Oh yeah that does take into consideration the 10,000 hands I played full ring before FT went down. My stats vary quite significantly between 22/17 and 14/11 depending on the table, I agree though I can still play too tightly at times but I feel like it's necessary sometimes?
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      It's always good to adjust to your opponents.

Filter stats just for 6max and post VPIP/PFR for each position. It is a better indicator of your play.

And even if you count in some FR tables...3bet is still way too low.
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      WTSD% is very high.

Remember, that preflop stats like VPIP/PFR alone has little effect on your winrate overall. It's how you play postflop that determines how big you lose or win. Think about it, you're a bit nitty preflop but still losing too much money. That means your bleeding money postflop.

I recommend that you watch videos on postflop plays. Personally, I prefer to keep on playing as long as I'm winning, and would only stop to study poker if I find some difficult spots or If I have questions along the way.

:f_biggrin:
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      It's always good to adjust to your opponents.

Filter stats just for 6max and post VPIP/PFR for each position. It is a better indicator of your play.

And even if you count in some FR tables...3bet is still way too low.
      It seems I might be playing a bit too tightly overall:

And maybe not too good playing out of position.
    • MonaiPlox
      MonaiPlox
      Bronze
      Oh my god, this chart is from 6max? Its too tight even for a 9max. What i see is that you dont know the meaning of position, you dont know what hands to open and when, you dont know what hands to raise. Looks like you are tight (rock) passive. As we all know money goes to position and agression and you dont use them.

Go to basics and learn why we open raise hands and which ones from different position. Learn what is your purpose when you bet and raise. Review all your fundamental knowledge, because it looks like there is none.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      what I get from your tight open hand high WTSD/W$SD%. you open to tight and have trouble letting the hand go when your beat.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MonaiPlox
      Oh my god, this chart is from 6max? Its too tight even for a 9max. What i see is that you dont know the meaning of position, you dont know what hands to open and when, you dont know what hands to raise. Looks like you are tight (rock) passive. As we all know money goes to position and agression and you dont use them.

Go to basics and learn why we open raise hands and which ones from different position. Learn what is your purpose when you bet and raise. Review all your fundamental knowledge, because it looks like there is none.
      I appreciate the advice, but I'm interested in knowing how you managed to come to this conclusion based on my chart. I assure you I wouldn't be playing poker if I didn't know any of this stuff, but there are some gaps that need filling for sure.

what I get from your tight open hand high WTSD/W$SD%. you open to tight and have trouble letting the hand go when your beat.

This is actually my main problem, sometimes I can't accept that I'm beat on the turn/river even though I know it, recently I've started letting go of hands more especially against TAGs. I think I also lead into passive players too much with mediocre hands and it costs me.

I recommend that you watch videos on postflop plays. Personally, I prefer to keep on playing as long as I'm winning, and would only stop to study poker if I find some difficult spots or If I have questions along the way.

Thanks, I've been studying a lot of post flop videos and it seems my mind needed refreshing on some basic things considering I hadn't played in so long.