Stacks:
      UTG ($10.90) 109bb
      UTG+1 ($8.75) 88bb
      CO ($9.40) 94bb
      BTN ($8.97) 90bb
      SB ($16.59) 166bb
      cozacu (BB) ($11.20) 112bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) cozacu is BB K:spade: K:diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, BTN raises to $0.40, 1 fold, cozacu raises to $1.30, UTG+1 folds, BTN calls $0.90

Flop: J:diamond: A:spade: 2:diamond: ($2.35, 2 players)
      cozacu bets $1.30, BTN calls $1.30

Turn: 8:diamond: ($4.95, 2 players)
      cozacu checks, BTN goes all-in $6.37, cozacu folds

Final Pot: $11.32

BTN wins $11.46 (net +$2.89)

cozacu lost $2.60
      UTG+1 lost $0.10

villain unknown - stack size indicates fishiness

Question come on turn:

Against his stack size left we can't bet/fold( bet folding doesn't make much sense to me, it would feel like burning money), and for bet calling we should presume that he is willing to go broke here with something worst than Ax.

Is there any other way to go then check/fold on turn?

Do you agree with my cbet on flop?
  • 3 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I agree with your c-bet, since we would be in a tough spot on the turn if we played check/call flop.

I can't really see how (and why) you gonna represent an ace in a 3-bet pot. AK is not folding even if you persuaded him that you have AA :) AQ? I doubt that either.

Just to give up on the flop is not an option, since we might get called preflop by QQ or even JJ and KK.

So yep, imo, it's as far as we can go here.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Your line is fine here. He never folds an ace on the turn so u would need to bluff the river again which i dont like cos he is not folding aj and may not fold aq.

Another alternative is to cc flop but u can bet flop and cc blank turns. Diamond is kind of a bad turn but we have Kd which gives us a posible live draw and we also block some of his possible diamond combinations so cc turn wouldnt be too bad of an option. But cf is fine and maybe u can cc on the 3 of hearts for example.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Another alternative is to cc flop but u can bet flop and cc blank turns. Diamond is kind of a bad turn but we have Kd which gives us a posible live draw and we also block some of his possible diamond combinations so cc turn wouldnt be too bad of an option. But cf is fine and maybe u can cc on the 3 of hearts for example.
      mbml, what are we expecting him to shove with when we play c/c turn?

TY