[NL2-NL10] Tilt ahoy AA vs Flush

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Last hand of evening session, i miscalculate what the pot would be Postflop thinking that i wouldn't be pot committed to any calls so i decided not to push all-in and then i fail to realise i'm being check raised on the most obvious flop ever. I feel like an idiot.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      UTG+2:
      $2.17
      MP3:
      $8.58
      CO:
      $12.07
      BU:
      $4.80
      SB:
      $7.38
      Hero:
      $2.20
      MP1:
      $1.85
      UTG+1:
      $10.07
      MP2:
      $1.85

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , A:club:
      UTG+1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.80, 2 folds, SB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.90) 6:heart: , 4:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.40 (All-In), SB calls $1.40.

Turn: ($4.70) 7:club:
      River: ($4.70) 2:heart:

Final Pot: $4.70

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows [ Jh, Kh ] a flush, King high
      Hero shows [ Ad, Ac ] a pair of Aces
      SB wins $4.47 USD with a flush, King high.
  • 3 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      NICE HAND for me.Of course it`s better to push preflop into such bunch of limpers but with AA you can let be creative yourself :D and nice push against ONE opp on flop.Board is awful but not every time you will be against made flush and you don`t want give him cheap card if he is on FD.
      I feel like an idiot
      I feel like an IDIOT last month or so and what ... still working,playing.You can pretend to honorable idiot`s title when your AA will be 4 bet by 93o and loose.In your case Lady Luck just yawned that moment :D
      Good luck :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Did you 2 play against each other in this hand or?

Anyway first of all, you did not get check-raised? You just pushed on the flop automatically because you didn't saw you were pot committed on any flop. You mentioned it already.

Moreover if you are doubting whether to raise accordingly or push preflop with AA/KK. A rule of thumb: Always push with those 2 hands because they rarely improve on the flop so max aggression is appropriate.

You aren't an idiot. Just keep your mind focussed untill the very last hand (included) and your fine ;)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      push pf