NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5)
      Hero ($5.15)
      UTG ($5.73)
      UTG+1 ($7.89)
      CO ($7.07)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: 8:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, SB raises to $1.05, Hero raises to $5.15 (AI), SB calls $3.95 (AI)

FLOP ($10) 3:diamond: J:diamond: Q:diamond:

TURN ($10) 3:diamond: J:diamond: Q:diamond: 5:diamond:

RIVER ($10) 3:diamond: J:diamond: Q:diamond: 5:diamond: 2:spade:

SB shows T:heart: T:club:
      (Pre 68%, Flop 84.6%, Turn 85.2%)

Hero shows A:spade: 8:spade:
      (Pre 32%, Flop 15.4%, Turn 14.8%)

SB wins $9.34

We had an aggressive dynamic between us, and suspected this is not top 2,5%, still he played very smart, a8s is clearly marginal for a call and marginal for a 3b and after his 4b i should have let it go
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: Even though we are BvB I feel this is overplayed especially because his 4-bet is on the smaller side (and our shove has to work more often).

Did you calculate how much FE you need for this to work? If not I recommend you do because you may be surprised to see how much you need him to fold here to show a profit.

And he doesn't seem that aggressive that we can expect him to 4-bet super light or stack off super light.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I did and i know, he played looser against me but not that much looser,

How would you have played the hand ? Since as i see it A8s is marginal call ip, possibly bit better for but still marginal bluff 3b against him , and fold is is around the first two options :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I wouldn't say it's a marginal call IP when we play BvB here.

If he opened the MP or CO let's say and you are in the blinds then it's a closer call.

I would simply call preflop and play postflop, and of course semibluff/bluff a good amount of board textures (and we can float + bluff).