This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] a9o

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2)
      BB ($7.52)
      UTG ($5.43)
      UTG+1 ($8.74)
      Hero ($5)
      BTN ($2.15)

Dealt to Hero 9:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN raises to $0.74, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3.15, BTN calls $1.41 (AI)

FLOP ($4.37) 3:club: 6:diamond: J:diamond:

TURN ($4.37) 3:club: 6:diamond: J:diamond: 4:club:

RIVER ($4.37) 3:club: 6:diamond: J:diamond: 4:club: K:heart:

Hero shows 9:club: A:heart:
      (Pre 59%, Flop 74.3%, Turn 68.2%)

BTN shows 5:spade: K:spade:
      (Pre 41%, Flop 25.7%, Turn 31.8%)

BTN wins $4.08

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: This guy seems to be a maniac.

Did you expect to have much FE when 4-beting all in? I doubt he folds much once he 3-bets that big.

We need about 46% equity to shove here assuming 0 FE.

Against a 17% range like 77+,A2s+,K4s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,ATo+,KJo+ we only have 45%.

Let's say he 3-bet calls 27% of his range then we have, 22+,A2s+,K4s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T8s+,98s,86s+,75s+,65s,54s,A8o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo, 49% equity

So as you can see we are just gambling for the most part.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He doesn't pick his range like me and you would while i agree it is almost just increasing variance, he doesn't need a legit card to 3b me, and he is most likely overplaying suited and Ax type hands, i predicted about around 50-50 55-45 equity 10%- chance of folding to it.

I would have folded a8o and equilab agrees, so this was close.

What is the minimum you would have pushed against him ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      He doesn't pick his range like me and you would while i agree it is almost just increasing variance, he doesn't need a legit card to 3b me, and he is most likely overplaying suited and Ax type hands, i predicted about around 50-50 55-45 equity 10%- chance of folding to it.

I would have folded a8o and equilab agrees, so this was close.

What is the minimum you would have pushed against him ?
      Of course he doesn't pick the range like us but I should two examples of equilab. You can mix those ranges up and in the best case scenario we are at 55% equity (and that's pushing it). When we need 46% plus just to break even you can see that our best case scenario is not far from that and our worse case scenario is really far from it.

I would say that anything about 60-65% equity may be a good push (against whatever range you think he 3-bets here simply because I don't think he is ever 3-bet folding). For example without looking at Equilab, as if we were to play a session live, I'd go ATs+, AJo+, 99+ and if we need to tighten up we can take out the bottom hands from each.