BTN ($5.66)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.17, fold, BTN calls $0.17, SB calls $0.15, fold

FLOP ($0.56) T:diamond: 9:heart: K:spade:

SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.48, BTN calls $0.48, SB folds

TURN ($1.62) T:diamond: 9:heart: K:spade: 8:diamond:

Hero bets $1.13, BTN raises to $5.01 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $3.63

Many regs play sets like this, he could be playing qj but doubt pfr 11 guy has it as button after a raiser. The problem is he didn't care that flop was drawy then 8 actually changed nothing qj still there but he raises, like seriously ? :D I would more expect this play with a T that called the flop for value but then on turn it become a bluff and he took it.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Looks fine. I'd be slightly worried of BTN cold calling the raise considering he is pretty nitty.

The only real hands we get value from on the turn are KJ/KQ and he probably doesn't play KJo. So I'd say we are looking at max 10 combos and if we count KJs we can count KTs as well (2 combos).

So combos that beast are 6 for sets and let's say 4 for QJs and 2 for KT. So a second cbet is very close because he can have more good hands than worse.

A guy like him would most likely check back KJ/KQ here and since we can't really clearly bet for value we can ck and if he bets I'd be ok with folding. Alternatively you can play it bet/fold like you did.