This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 55 play

• d3vin666
      d3vin666
      Bronze
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players

CO: $2.09 (104.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $4.33 (216.5 bb)
      SB: $4.49 (224.5 bb)
      BB: $1.67 (83.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 5 5
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.21) 9 6 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.65) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

River: ($0.93) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB raises to $1.21 and is all-in, Hero ??

He bet quite low on the Turn, do you think I should reraise and try to take the pot there? What do you guys think?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi D3vin,

Preflop: Once he min 3-bets I'd only call here as well. No point in 4-beting

Flop: I don't like calling the flop with our hand. Whats your plan on turn and river? We have a weak hand that can rarely improve and considering he 3-bet preflop he could be on a strong hand often here.

So simply fold the flop.

As played what's the point of the river bet? he never actually folds a better hand (maybe 77-88 but I doubt it).
    • d3vin666
      d3vin666
      Bronze
      Yes...I noticed that he 3bet me on pf, but I was thinking that he re-raised me with small portion of my raised...well actually not small it was almost 2x my raised. So I thought, I only add 4c then I see the flop. If I have strong hand, I might raised like 0.12-0.14. I guess that was a value bet?

The flop was pretty dry to me, I ranged him around Ax, Qx, Kx. So as long as I see improvement on the turn, I thought I was okay. My plan if I see A,K,J,T then I fold.

The turn, something's going on there. Because again, he bet such a small bet.

Turned out, K came on river. And he checked, I don't know why he check/raised. I thought he was bluffing. That was my mistake again.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by d3vin666
      Yes...I noticed that he 3bet me on pf, but I was thinking that he re-raised me with small portion of my raised...well actually not small it was almost 2x my raised. So I thought, I only add 4c then I see the flop. If I have strong hand, I might raised like 0.12-0.14. I guess that was a value bet?

The flop was pretty dry to me, I ranged him around Ax, Qx, Kx. So as long as I see improvement on the turn, I thought I was okay. My plan if I see A,K,J,T then I fold.

The turn, something's going on there. Because again, he bet such a small bet.

Turned out, K came on river. And he checked, I don't know why he check/raised. I thought he was bluffing. That was my mistake again.
      Hi D3vin,

The problem with calling the flop there versus a strong bet after a 3-bet is that you will rarely ever see a cheap showdown and those cards you are afraid off will show 80% by the river. There is T,J,Q,K, A and there are 4 each so a total of 20 cards. 20 * 4 roughly is 80%.

So to see one of them by the river there's a n 80% chance (by the turn 40%).