d3vin666
      Bronze
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players

CO: $2.09 (104.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $4.33 (216.5 bb)
      SB: $4.49 (224.5 bb)
      BB: $1.67 (83.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 5 5
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.21) 9 6 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.65) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

River: ($0.93) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB raises to $1.21 and is all-in, Hero ??

He bet quite low on the Turn, do you think I should reraise and try to take the pot there? What do you guys think?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi D3vin,

Preflop: Once he min 3-bets I'd only call here as well. No point in 4-beting

Flop: I don't like calling the flop with our hand. Whats your plan on turn and river? We have a weak hand that can rarely improve and considering he 3-bet preflop he could be on a strong hand often here.

So simply fold the flop.

As played what's the point of the river bet? he never actually folds a better hand (maybe 77-88 but I doubt it).
    • d3vin666
      d3vin666
      Bronze
      Yes...I noticed that he 3bet me on pf, but I was thinking that he re-raised me with small portion of my raised...well actually not small it was almost 2x my raised. So I thought, I only add 4c then I see the flop. If I have strong hand, I might raised like 0.12-0.14. I guess that was a value bet?

The flop was pretty dry to me, I ranged him around Ax, Qx, Kx. So as long as I see improvement on the turn, I thought I was okay. My plan if I see A,K,J,T then I fold.

The turn, something's going on there. Because again, he bet such a small bet.

Turned out, K came on river. And he checked, I don't know why he check/raised. I thought he was bluffing. That was my mistake again.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by d3vin666
      Yes...I noticed that he 3bet me on pf, but I was thinking that he re-raised me with small portion of my raised...well actually not small it was almost 2x my raised. So I thought, I only add 4c then I see the flop. If I have strong hand, I might raised like 0.12-0.14. I guess that was a value bet?

The flop was pretty dry to me, I ranged him around Ax, Qx, Kx. So as long as I see improvement on the turn, I thought I was okay. My plan if I see A,K,J,T then I fold.

The turn, something's going on there. Because again, he bet such a small bet.

Turned out, K came on river. And he checked, I don't know why he check/raised. I thought he was bluffing. That was my mistake again.
      Hi D3vin,

The problem with calling the flop there versus a strong bet after a 3-bet is that you will rarely ever see a cheap showdown and those cards you are afraid off will show 80% by the river. There is T,J,Q,K, A and there are 4 each so a total of 20 cards. 20 * 4 roughly is 80%.

So to see one of them by the river there's a n 80% chance (by the turn 40%).