[NL2-NL10] [SH] ZOOM NL10 QQ 4b pot 3way

• maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10.60 (106 bb)
      SB: $15.18 (151.8 bb)
      BB: $4.70 (47 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $28.24 (282.4 bb)
      MP: $13.70 (137 bb)
      CO: $17.22 (172.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q Q
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP folds, CO calls $0.30, BTN raises to $1.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.90, CO calls $0.90

Flop: ($3.75) 8 7 4 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($3.75) 2 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, CO raises to $4, 2 folds

Results:
      $7.35 pot ($0.33 rake)
      Final Board: 8 7 4 2
      BTN mucked and lost (-$1.20 net)
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$3 net)
      CO mucked and won $7.02 ($4.02 net)

1)How should i have played it pre?

Checking BTN stats I found out that he had a high % of 3b (20%) on BTN.
      If I had this info in play, should have I 5b (what size) ?

2) Should I bet on turn?

3) Sizing on turn?

I think that a $2.x bet would have been better. A $1.8 looks weak and we may open ourselves to a reraise with air by villain if he thinks we are weak.

4) Is folding ok on the turn or should I call and evaluate river

When my turn bet gets raised by CO while BTN is still to act I think that most of his range is sets ( as he called my 3x raise and then the squeeze) . also we are very deep so I dont really want to call and face a big bet on the river when his range is 80%+ sets
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

1) 4bet to 2.50 is great. i would 4bet bluff with hands like AJo or KQo too.
      2) Definitely lead the Turn. we are ahead of so many hands. I think you played your QQ too weakly.
      3) No draws at all. I think we might be up against a set really often so i don't mind the fold. I just wonder if this guy is capable of making such a play. I don't think so so i think it could be fine to make a weak fold.

HOWEVER

his raise is so small. Our bet size also looks so weak. I wonder if he is pulling a move on us. These factors make me want to call more.

I think it's close (I'm kind of indifferent to both calling and folding) and if you had bet larger and he raised larger i think it would probably be a fold.
    • kartsah
      kartsah
      Bronze
      I would almost 100% of the time 4-bet with QQ against a squeeze from button, no matter who it was. I know you probably thought that "Daymn bro, I got a really deep stack behind me and I don't want him to stack me off", but you just have to get him out of the pot.

So 4-betting to something like $2.40-$2.75 would be good.
      that 1% of the time I might flat if a 9%VPIP/2%PFR decided to squeeze.

I am not a big fan of leading out for this specific hand with the way you played it, because it always reveals your hand strength. So if the button or CO was to have a hand, they would know exactly how to extract value from you in that spot and you couldn't do anything about it. I sometimes lead out with 2 pair or sets against thinking players, because it often looks weak.

Folding the turn to a checkraise is 100% right play. You messed up your hand and you don't want to commit any more money with just 1 pair. And besides if you were playing against a thinking player, that player might put you on overpairs or sets because of you just calling a 3-bet preflop, so he would 100% NOT re-raise you light !!!!

Please digest this huge mess of a post, because I believe it's usable information for 10NL.