[NL20-NL50] NL50 ATo vs reg

• double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Boss, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $49.25 (98.5 bb)
      UTG: $56.70 (113.4 bb)
      Hero (MP1): $60.57 (121.1 bb)
      MP2: $57.58 (115.2 bb)
      BTN: $32.50 (65 bb)
      CO: $37.38 (74.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) Q 8 T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($3.25) K (2 players)
      BB bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($7.25) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.50, BB calls $5.50

Villain 4.4 k hands
      21/18/7.5
      call open BB 9%
      fold to cbet flop 45%
      raise cbet flop 13% (47)
      bvm turn OOP 40% (20)
      WTSD 27%
      WWSF 50%
      Agg freq 58/36/24

Is this hand okay?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Double2,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Is there a particular reason why we checked the flop here with 2nd pair TK on a drawy board? Villain doesn't seem particularly raise cbet happy (about 5 hands of 47).

As played I like our river bet for pure value as he will most likely not fold any showdown-able hand (for good reasons).
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Double2,

Flop: Is there a particular reason why we checked the flop here with 2nd pair TK on a drawy board? Villain doesn't seem particularly raise cbet happy (about 5 hands of 47).

As played I like our river bet for pure value as he will most likely not fold any showdown-able hand (for good reasons).
      I didn't wanna bet because his range is strong, no worse Tx, PPs will fold anyways and draws will c/r me and I have to fold. Am I thinking wrong?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by double2
      Hi Double2,

I didn't wanna bet because his range is strong, no worse Tx, PPs will fold anyways and draws will c/r me and I have to fold. Am I thinking wrong?
      What range are you giving him preflop?

And what range do you expect to bet the turn as played?
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by double2
      Hi Double2,

What range are you giving him preflop?

And what range do you expect to bet the turn as played?
      Range PF: 22-TT, AJ, KQ, maybe AQ.

He will bet turn as played with AJ, KQ, AQ, TT and hopefully PPs...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Double,

If you don't know if he can bet pairs and turn them into a bluff the call on the turn is more marginal because we know for a fact that he will valuebet his good hands.

However, considering how the board came down and that we checked the flop I can see him betting some pairs as a bluff. The only question is if he is capable of bluffing two streets or not. Given his aggression frequency he may but without reads I'd probably fold a blank river.