This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQ too strong to 3bet here?

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2033824
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $10.00 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 13, 3B: 6, AF: 3.3, Hands: 132, Bu steal:35%
      Hero (SB): $10.05 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 65659 He sees my 3betting range as 6%
      BB: $4.45 - VPIP: 32, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 22
      UTG: $10.00 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 19, 3B: 13, AF: 0.0, Hands: 48
      MP: $14.03 - VPIP: 32, PFR: 16, 3B: 13, AF: 0.8, Hands: 25
      CO: $31.69 - VPIP: 32, PFR: 27, 3B: 10, AF: 4.3, Hands: 63

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Q :diamond: K :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1

With K2, A5 we should 3bet, that is for sure. Widening our 3betting range+ we make autoprofit here imo, our 3bet range is only 6% in his eyes (yet).

KQ may be too strong for that, isnt it? It has more inherent value, which would incline me to call and play postflop. For 3betting I dont need this hand, I could do it with UNO cards aswell: if he folds, it doesnt matter, if he 4bets, I fold.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: I would 3-bet these hands when we can't call because of aggressive BB.

But as it stands BB is a fish and if we call he can come into the pot with a lot of hands that we just dominate.

So I would simply call. And BTN also has a much wider range because he is opening there.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

But as it stands BB is a fish and if we call he can come into the pot with a lot of hands that we just dominate.

So I would simply call. And BTN also has a much wider range because he is opening there.
      By agressive you mean he 3bets a lot, or when he has high AF postflop, or both? As I think, we dont want to get squeezed, and that is why we do it? (but if BB squeezes a lot, we could even 4bet then and take down the pot, couldnt we?)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

By agressive you mean he 3bets a lot, or when he has high AF postflop, or both? As I think, we dont want to get squeezed, and that is why we do it? (but if BB squeezes a lot, we could even 4bet then and take down the pot, couldnt we?)
      It would be both.

If he squeezes a lot we could 4-bet bluff however these type of aggro players also stack off lighter in spots like this (especially since we wouldn't be the PFR so we would get less credit for a hand).