Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2033833
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $5.67 - VPIP: 44, PFR: 16, 3B: 3, AF: 1.3, Hands: 271
      Hero (CO): $5.60 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 65659
      BTN: $5.00 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 4, AF: 3.6, Hands: 324
      SB: $5.00 - VPIP: 7, PFR: 7, 3B: 8, AF: 1.0, Hands: 28
      BB: $5.00 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 11, 3B: 6, AF: 2.0, Hands: 121, FoldtoSTeal: 57%
      UTG: $6.48 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 27, 3B: 11, AF: 5.5, Hands: 224

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with Q :heart: J :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 7 :club: 6 :club: 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.32) J :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20,Hero? (only call, or raise?)
      Can I raise as a bluff? Not really. Can I raise for value? Well, lot of draws down there, so possibly. But safer to call? Or raise for free showdown is better: if he bets river, we are beaten most likely.
  • 10 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      I agree with you that fold is not an option, we should chose either a call or a raise. Which one? I have no idea. Let's wait for someone else to reply :) Interesting hand.

Yup, you definitely cannot bluff here either :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: I don't mind checking and going for a delayed cbet.

Turn: If we raise the turn we can to fold.

I think that a villain like him is more likely to call a draw if raised so I wouldn't mind doing a thin value raise (and then we have the option to check back the river).

However someone like him can also just call KJ/AJ.

So as played I'd make it $.75 for thin value/protection/free showdown option vs his calling range.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

I think that a villain like him is more likely to call a draw if raised so I wouldn't mind doing a thin value raise (and then we have the option to check back the river).

So as played I'd make it $.75 for thin value/protection/free showdown option vs his calling range.
      nicee
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Hi Imimba,

I think protection (aka getting dead money) is the key here. Vs draws we bet for value, vs AJ, KJ we are behind.
      BUT if we only call, many cards can give villain a better hand (even if he is behind at the moment). With those hands he wont put in a single penny unless he can beat us, so it is not bad for us making him his share of equity.

What do you think about my line of thought?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hi Imimba,

I think protection (aka getting dead money) is the key here. Vs draws we bet for value, vs AJ, KJ we are behind.
      BUT if we only call, many cards can give villain a better hand (even if he is behind at the moment). With those hands he wont put in a single penny unless he can beat us, so it is not bad for us making him his share of equity.

What do you think about my line of thought?
      You are on track.

You want him to pay more to see a river with his range which contains a lot of draws.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Can a CB be good? I mean, is this a board where we get floated lightly or not?
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      I think that even if we do get floated lightly, there's nothing we can do about a float with our Q-high apart from folding.

You should be thinking in the opposite direction: if this is a board where people float, we should not cbet here with no equity.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I doubt a nit will float you that light OOP here so yes we could cbet with the intention of betting many turn cards that can scare villain off of 1p type hands.

What turn cards would these be?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      I doubt a nit will float you that light OOP here so yes we could cbet with the intention of betting many turn cards that can scare villain off of 1p type hands.

I doubt he only calls with a set, so if he calls, I'd do it on A or K.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

I doubt he only calls with a set, so if he calls, I'd do it on A or K.
      On just 8 cards? 2 of each put a flush down? That's only 16% of the time.