This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] aqo2

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.95)
      BB ($12.51)
      UTG ($3.59)
      UTG+1 ($1.63)
      Hero ($5)
      BTN ($6.54)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.32) 2:spade: J:heart: J:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.32) 2:spade: J:heart: J:diamond: Q:spade:

BB bets $0.22, Hero raises to $0.60, BB raises to $1.90, Hero folds

BB wins $1.42

I doubt he even has Aj, so he is representing jj,22 , and he is quite bluffy from the looks of it, i was tempted to call and fold river.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks good

Flop: We still have the best hand here often and we can set ourselves well for a turn (and possibly) river barrel.

So I'd bet about 1/2 pot.

As played why do we raise the turn? Do you expect him to be able to call much worse?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      qx t9, i meant it as a thin value raise

I relazie i could do 3barrel line but does it reliably work at the micros ?

I doubt it, i could see myself opening on this qx with trash hand and most likely barreling river but i wouldn't have if no scare card hits the turn.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Re: 3-barrel

If we look at the villain he does call wide on the flop but he doesn't go often to showdown. He is not a fish so I still think that he can fold a lot. Of course we wouldn't try to get him to fold Jx but rather 1p type hands.

Re: thin value raise. It could be fine but considering our line villain will have a lot of bluffs when he bets the turn so I think we may get more value by calling turn and letting him bet river with a wide range.